Chapter 1

•your pov•

The sun glared in my eyes as I sat near the window of my favorite restaurant. I stare out the window and watch as the people passed by. I smiled.
"You ready for desert?" Chris asked, I regain my focus towards him.
"Yeah." I prop up the restaurant menu to look at the desert selection. "What are you gonna get?" I asked as I set the menu back down. He continues to search.
"Lets just get a birthday cake. We can celebrate early. Just you and me." He grins. I roll my eyes jokingly.
"Okay fine. If they start singing happy birthday to me I'm gonna flip."
We order the birthday cake and wait for it to arrive.
"Oh babe." Chris exclaims. "I got invited to like a house party tonight."
"Oh. Are you going?" I look at the waiter who was bring the cake over.
"Yeah. We're going." He chuckles a bit.
"Here is your cake. Enjoy guys." The waiter smiled and walked off as we thanked him. We both started taking bits off the cake and eating.
"Happy Birthday (y/n). I love you." Chris smiles as he chews the rest of his cake.
"I love you too." He grabs some frosting from the cake and smears it on my nose and laughs.
I laugh, "You're so annoying." I whip the frosting off my nose.
...
Chris opens the door to our apartment and we both step in.
"The party is in 2 hours." He yawns as he slams onto the couch. He groans as he wiggles around on the couch to find a comfortable position.
"Okay. I'm gonna take a shower." I walk off to my room and grab an outfit that'll be suitable to go out in. I walk off to the shower and prepare the shower. I grab my phone to quickly catch up on Instagram. I scrolled through my feed and saw a picture of a face I knew too well. It was Tom. I look up and caught my face in the mirror. I could see my cheeks flushing with pink. I looked back down at the picture. Examining his face. It feels like I haven't seen his face in forever. He was traveling. I look at his face one more time before setting my phone down. I undress. This isn't the first time I've undressed while thinking about Tom Holland. I step into the shower and turn the water on. I close my eyes as I run my fingers through my hair. It felt as if my body was back in Cancún. Back in the cold water of the beach, under the moonlight. Tom cupping my face as we shared a kiss. The feeling of his lips against mine. The feeling of his body against mine. The feeling of him.
The noise of the bathroom door opening snapped me out of Cancún. I open my eyes and peak through the shower curtain. It was Chris.
"I told you I was gonna shower." I open the shower curtain and stick my head out.
"Well we can shower together." I watch him undress. My brain saw Chris undressing in the bathroom, but also saw Tom undressing on the beach. He walks into the shower as he looks at me. He cups my face. I stare blankly at Chris. I wait for him to kiss me. This feels like deja vu. He leans in and our lips crash together. I close my eyes. I don't even know where I am. I was living in the present, but I wanted to live in the past. I push my body against his and he picks me up. Our naked bodies rubbing against each others. The world faded.
A handful of minutes later I turn off the water. I look back, Chris held out a towel for me.
"Thanks." I grab the towel and wrap it around myself. I step out. Chris begins to dry himself. I grab my phone and it opens back to the Instagram post. I look over to see if Chris saw my phone. I click out of Instagram and set my phone back down. I start to change into my picked outfit for tonight.
"Babe can you go get my brush I left it in the room." I smile at him as he nods and walks off.
I stare at my phone. I wanted to look at the picture again. Chris walks back in and grabs my shoulders and faces my body towards the mirror. I watch as he brushes my hair. His face carefully focusing on each brush stroke.
"Thank you." I look at him through the mirror and he looks up at me and smiles.
"Of course. I'm only helping you because you take forever to get ready." He laughs as I elbow him playfully.
...
When we arrived at the party I was a bit scared. It was a big house with a lot of strangers. People chugging beers to my left and people doing making out to my right. This wasn't a house party. We walked around for a bit as we searched for Chris' friend- who was the one who invited him. We finally found him in the back of the house.
They both greeted each other excitedly.
"Jack. This is my girlfriend (y/n)." He introduced me.
"Hey. Thank you for inviting us to your party." I smiled.
"You're welcome." He replied. His english accent surprised me, but I smiled and wrapped my arm with Chris'.
They both started talking some more. I stood there staring off.
"When are you leaving again?" I heard Chris asking Jack.
"I'm leaving tomorrow night. But I'm kinda excited to go back to London." I focus back as their conversation gains my attention.
"Oh you're from London?" I ask.
"Yeah. Some of these people here are from London. They all flew out here to visit me in America before I go back to London." He looks around. "Here comes one of my mates now." I look over and saw desire itself. Someone who I tried so hard to stop thinking about. The guy I cried over for months. The guy that I thought was out of my life. He was here, I was here. I never thought we would be in the same room as each other. As he walks over I bring myself back to when it was just us. Sitting together on my hotel bed as we slowly fell in love. I couldn't believe he was walking over to me at this moment. I had thought about him all day since I've seen his Instagram post. I thought I was going crazy. I catch his face as he realized I was standing here with a man who I called my boyfriend. He would've been in his place.
I stare at him as he walks over and look up at Chris.
"This is Tom. An old mate of mine. You guys might recognize him." Jacks introduces us to someone who should be a stranger to me.
"Oh my god. You're Tom Holland. Nice to meet you." Chris shakes his hand. Tom smiles and Chris and greets him.
He looks over at me and stutters a bit. "Hey (y/n)."
"Hey Tom." I respond quietly. Chris looks at me, and grips onto me.
"Babe? You know him?" He looks at the both of us. None of us knowing how to respond. What do I even say? What is he going to say?
"He's an old friend actually." I try to hide my struggle with a smile. Tom nods. He reaches forward and extends his arms for a hug. I wrap my arms around him. His hands cling onto my shirt as we embrace for a moment. The feeling of him in my arms...it felt different. It also felt right. I dug my face into his shoulder and let my eyes shut. I pull away and look into his eyes. His eyes still kept the same look.
"How are you?" He asks as we both let go.
"I'm good, I'm good. What about you?" I glanced at his lips for a brief second. I forgot that it wasn't just us.
"I've been getting by." He shrugs.
"This is my boyfriend. Chris." I turn around and pull Chris towards us. He looks at me for too long. He looked worried.
"So you guys are old friends right?" He asks and we both nod. "You should come to our party tomorrow. It's her birthday party." Chris looks at me for approval.
"Yeah. We'd appreciate." Chris wraps his arm around me. I didn't know if I wanted him there or if I didn't want him there.
"Of course. Thanks for the invite." Tom grins.
"I can text you the information." I gulp. "My number is still the same."
"Okay. Um.." He awkwardly looks over at Chris then at me.
I wonder if he was in a relationship. I wonder what he was thinking right now.
"It was nice seeing you again (y/n), and nice meeting you Chris."
We all briefly say goodbye and he walks off.
"So how do you guys know each other?" Chris asked.
"We met on a vacation a few years back."
"How come you didn't tell me." He lets go of me. He faces me.
"There's nothing to tell. He's just a friend."