Chapter 11

•your pov//1 month later(short chapter)•

I roll over silently and open my eyes silently, the sun coming in from the curtains shining into my eyes. I squint and look around faintly.
"Good Mornin' Tessa." Tom playfully rubs Tessa's stomach.
For a second I shut my eyes and take in the sound of Tom cooing at his dog.
I open my eyes and see him plant a kiss on her forehead. "You guys are too cute."
"Oh." He jumps startled. "I didn't know you were up."
"I just woke up." I snuggle into the blanket and let out a yawn.
"You hungry?" He asks as he sits up.
"A bit." I hold my stomach as it started to turn. "I think you're cooking made me sick." I snicker.
"My cooking is not that bad." He lightly hits me with his pillow. "I'll make you something light."
He stands up.
"Okay, thank you." I yawn as I sit up, and grab my phone from my nightstand.
I had been here for a month now and I was enjoying it here in London. There was a lot of things I had to definitely get used to, but I was adjusting.
I stood up and headed to the bathroom.
As I brushed my bedhead hair away, I look down at my phone. It was just a notification from an app.
I had been waiting for a text from Chris.
Even if we hadn't talked since I left, I wanted to know if he was okay. He probably was, and I was worrying about nothing.
After I finish freshening up, I walk over to the kitchen. The sight of Tom cooking something up by the stove always made me smile.
I take a seat.
"Is there anything you want to do today?" He looks up for a second then looks back down.
"Nothing in particular, I do need some stuff from the store if you don't mind." I look at my phone for the date. "Just like tampons."
I giggle as he makes a surprised face for a second before smiling.
"Just remind me to get bread." He nods and looks back down at the food.
A while later he bring me my food.
"Hope you like your eggs scrambled." He smiles and sits beside me.
"Thank you." I look down at the plate. Afraid that it would also make me sick.
"I think you're right-" He pauses. "My stomach hurts a bit."
"Maybe it was fish?" I shake my head.
"Sorry love, didn't think it was bad." He takes a bite of his breakfast.
"It's alright, I'm sure after we eat we'll feel better." I begin to eat.

...

We both finished getting ready and headed for his car.
"Remind me to also get toilet paper." He slides on his sunglasses as we shut his front door.
"We should've made a list." I sigh as we approached his car.
We both enter and he starts to drive.
I look down at my phone and scroll through my unlocked notifications.

Chris
I miss you

Clue
Your next cycle should start in 5 days
I look at the date of the notification. 6 days ago.
Quickly I look at the other Clue notifications, and find one from this morning.
Clue
Your next cycle seems to be late
I shut my phone quickly. I didn't think I was late? I thought it was barley coming up.
How could I miss this notification?
Silently I start to breath in and out slowly.
"You okay?" He places his hand on my thighs which snaps me back into reality.
"Yup." I nod.
The ride there was painful. The thought of possibly carrying a child was extreme. Especially since I wasn't prepared.

Why was this happening now? It shouldn't be happening. Immediately I felt my whole body tremble. Moments like this are usually special, and life-changing. Life-changing, yes. Special?
I look over and Tom was casually nodding his head to the radio's music. A small smirk formed on my face. How could he always make me smile. I start sinking into my seat and let out a sigh.

"You sure you're alright?" He reassures me by placing his hand on the back of my head, starts running his fingers through my hair. "Is it Chris?"
"Yeah. But, I just want to move on." I look down. "There's more important things I should be worrying about right now."
"Like that we've ran out of bread?"