fights

that night jack was gone for most of the night and comes around 11 with an annoyed look. i act like i'm sleeping quickly as he sighs, washing his hands for a long time in the bathroom. i look up through the crack of the door to see him wrapping his hand in a bandage. he takes off his pants and shirt, crawling into bed. he quickly wraps his arms around me, falling asleep against my back. i look at his hand with worry, noticing blood straining the bandage.
"jack babe." i mumble after 15 mins or so.
"mhm?"
"your hand. it's bleeding badly." i say. he lets go of me and sits up. he walks into the bathroom and i follow him quickly.
"brooke, go back to bed." he says, unwrapping it.
"let me help."
"brooklyn, -" I cut him off.
"let me help please." i beg. i sit on the counter and he moves between my legs. i grab a first aid kit and start to clean the tiny cuts, large cuts, and help aid the bruising.
"what happened?" i ask.
"uh got angry and punched a wall." he lies.
" a wall wouldn't do this."
"baby girl, i'm sorry. he was pissing me off after he followed us to the club. he kept saying how you said you were coming back to him. he got me so mad." jack explains, watching me.
"ty said that?"
"yeah sure, the asshole."
i smile, kissing the corner of his lips. "you don't have to hurt everybody who i interact with." i mumble, recalling the many times he has.
"i know baby, but.." he trails off, running his good hand through my hair with a light smile.
i look down at his hand, wrapping it slowly.
"there you go." i mutter. "how hurt is he?"
"why do you care?"
"jack."
"busted lip, probably broken nose, and his eye started to swell but he is breathing." he jokes at the end. i don't laugh, walking back to bed. i lay down, closing my eyes.
"brooke, i'm sorry." he wraps his arms back around me.
"okay. night." i give him the cold shoulder.
he rolls me over, kissing me roughly. his hand moves to my hair, pulling my head back so he could kiss me better.
"youre my girl and you are gorgeous." he says after he pulls away. "so i got to protect you all the times. but I would never hurt you." he smiles, kissing my forehead. we go back to the position before and we both fall asleep with smiles on our face.