Chapter 3

*Kimberly Martin's POV:

Half of the cafeteria, including Gaia and her friend Katie grew silent as they looked at us. Meanwhile, the silence between me, Celosia and Danny only lasted a few moments.

"Is it really over?" Celosia asked, breaking the silence with a small hint of happiness.

Danny looked around to see who was watching. Almost everyone went back to minding their business and going about their meal. All except Gaia and Katie. They were still watching us.

"Let's discuss this in a quieter place outside of the cafeteria" he suggested as he wrapped his arm around our shoulders. Danny then turned back towards Isabella. "Bella, I will be right back, I need to speak with them about my vision."

"Okay, I'm going to go find Thomas and chat with him. Take as much time as you need" she replied before making her way.

Danny began guiding us towards the cafeteria's door. As we were leaving, many things were going through my mind: Did the virus really died out? If so, how? And more importantly, if the virus has died out, how many people has it already killed? Millions? Billions?

Danny closed the cafeteria's door behind him. He inhaled and exhaled, ready to explain to us everything he knew.

"You see, Isabella gave me a composition book to write down all of my visions and inner thoughts in. I've even told Noah about this," He spoke up.

"Yeah?" I said, seeing where he was going with this.

"A couple of days ago, I had a vision that people all over the world were rioting against their government, mainly because of a vaccine that the World Health Organization had let out. Keep in mind, the U.N. told them to release it. The U.N. told the public it was going to protect them by not letting the powers make it through their nervous system, god forbid, if they were ever kidnapped by those who worked for W.E.A. The U.N even told the public that teens and adults were getting kidnapped now, and it wasn't just little kids and infants anymore. What people didn't know was that the vaccine included the virus, and that's how this whole thing started. Because the extermination of Experi-babies came to an end so quickly thanks to Shimizu, they released the virus two years before they previously planned. Remember, these events were to lower the world's population."

As Danny was going on and on about population control, my mind began to think back to the time where I made small talk with the store owner we got our items from up top, several months ago.

"It's getting bad out here. Most people are in quarantine, but others are angry" I remember him saying.  That was it. I just didn't make much of it.

"Okay, but you said that the pandemic was done and over with. How did they manage to do it? Is the UF-37 (the name of the virus) outbreak really over?" Celosia asked impatiently, cutting him off because she wanted to know how it ended and not how it began.

"Okay" Danny replied, trying to catch his breath from blabbing on. "A former doctor, now a politician, came to the public and revealed that he has created a vaccine to fight against the virus. People were hesitant to take it or even listen to him. But once people started getting the UF-37 vaccine, it started making wonders. Those who got it became immune to it and those who were sick with it were cured."

"What is this guy's name?" I asked, crossing my arms.

"John Victran."

Celosia and I looked at each other. I began to wonder if this is the guy that would become the leader of the New World Order. It seemed as though Danny's prophecy was really coming true, despite what I thought about him and his prophecies when I first met him years prior.