Chapter 6

*Celosia "Robin" Douglas's POV:

As I was in the middle of a fantastic dream of me flying, I awoken to the touch of a pillow hitting my face.

"Wake your ass up, it's time to go hunting...again," Kimberly said nonchalantly as she walked out of the bedroom section with the door slamming behind her.

"Good morning to you too, Kimberly. What a great way to wake up", I muffled in frustration.

It was now the middle of November. A month had went by since Beval told us about the electricity, which has not been working actively for the past two weeks, two long weeks. The water wasn't running, nor was the refrigerating systems, the heating, the stoves, or the door, which we had to leave open knowing it was starting to get colder by the month.

I stretched as I brought myself to my feet and slowly moved towards the door of our bedroom section. Just as I was about to open the door, my mother came in.

"Celosia, you're not gonna change?" she asked as she looked me up and down with furrowed eyebrows.

"No point in doing that. I'll just go through the clean clothes I have left too quickly. The washing machine and dryer is no longer working, so we have no choice but to wash our clothes in the nearby lake and wait a day for them to dry," I explained as I walked pass her, heading towards the entrance to the shelter.

"You should have done this sooner and not procrastinate, now you have to go outside with the same dirty clothes you had on yesterday," she nagged, following me towards the door.

I rolled my eyes.

"Okay mom, next time I won't wait until the last outfit to wash my clothes, " I sighed before giving her a big hug, stroking her shoulder-length brown hair. "I have to go back up to hunt now. Love you, I'll be back tonight. Say hi to dad for me."

"Alright. Love you too," she replied with concern as she watched me run up the stairs into the outside world above.

"Bout time you decided to come. We were gonna leave without you", one of the male hunters named Max replied.

"Yeah right, you wouldn't know what to do without me" I replied as I vigorously pet his short curly brown hair. "You have the fishing net, right guys?"

"Right here," Kimberly said as she and five others held up the nets.

After making sure we had everything we needed, I along with the hunters hopped into the vans and made our way to the nearby beach. It was an half-an-hour from the forest into the city as we drove through the Samoa bridge into the Humboldt bay.

The autumn sights around us were breathtaking. While hunting, I tried my best to enjoy the nature around me any chance I had. It's not everyday we got to go out of the shelter, and when we did, I cherished every moment.

Pulling up to the beach, I parked the car around a hundred meters from the shore where we could see several large rowing boats tied up near a post.

"You don't think someone would catch us using their boats right?" one of the female hunter's asked with a hint of anxiety.

"Me and my dad used to come down here and fish all of the time. People rarely come down here on weekends. It's fine," Max replied as he began walking down. I and the others, still holding the fishing equipment, quickly followed him.

The wind blew towards me as we hopped on our boats. My waist-long hair blew away from me, almost hitting a hunter behind me. The wind sent a chill down my spine. Imagine the temperature going from fifty degrees to forty in a second because of the wind. I was thankful for the coat I had on, but it could only do so much.