Chapter 28

*Katie Scott's POV:*

I paced the room, my mind begin racing as tears rolled down my face.

"Oh my god, what are we going to do? How are we going to get out of here?!", I panicked, gripped onto my silky straight hair before putting my back against the wall.

I sucked in my screams and cries for our friends. I had to keep it together, for Isabella's sake. If anyone should be crying right now, it's her. It wasn't the time for me to give up and go crazy. I needed to be strong for her.

She laid in bed, the bottom bunk, rubbing her belly as she fought through her contractions. It seemed like they were coming more and more often. And the more they came, the more helpless I felt.

I wetted a rag and placed it on her forehead. Gaia has taught me many things, especially what to do while a person is about to give birth/is giving birth. But I never thought it would be me. I never thought I would be the one to do it, unless she gets transported to a hospital.

I noticed two male officers passing by, I quickly ran over to the cell doors, my body slamming against it with a sudden clash.

"HEY! Hey you!", I called out to them. They stopped in their tracks and turned their heads back at me. Their face grew stern, like they wanted absolutely nothing to do with us.

"Please, my friend, Isabella Hernandez, she's suffering from contractions. She's pregnant and will be going into labor soon. I am not experienced in giving birth, I was only the shelter's nursing assistant. Is it possible she can be transported to a hospital? If not, can you assist with giving birth? "

The two officers looked at each other, then began to burst out in laughter, walking away from us.

"Like we would help you walking experiments", I heard one of them say.

"She's not a fucking experi-baby!", I shouted at them, banging onto the bars, hurting my hand in the process. My anger overpowered the pain as I rubbed my forehead in distress.

"They could literally see someone who so happens to be related to an experi-baby, in pain and needing assistance with birthing a child soon and still won't give them the proper respect? "Regular humans" are fucking gross", I thought to myself.

"Katie", Isabella grunted out.

I stopped by pacing and jogged over to her, sitting by her on the bed.

"Can I have some water?", she said, sitting upward, water from the rag that was on her forehead dripped down her face. Her hair was messy and everywhere.

"Yeah, I gotchu girl".

I ran to the sink to grab a bottle of water. The guards were nice enough to at least give us that. Bastards.

I gave it to her and watched her drink a good half of it. She sighed.

"I wish I could cry but I can't. Usually I would be screaming and banging on the cell doors, but I am in too much pain to shed a tear for my baby brother and his friends. And now he will never meet my child. I just-"

She stopped as she began to tear up, despite saying she couldn't cry. But by the tone of her voice I could tell she had given up hope.

"Bella, I-"

I couldn't say a word. Celosia, Gaia, Beval and Kimberly were all taken to their deaths. I just hope it was quick and painless. No more pain should be afflicted on them. It was already enough pain living as an experi-baby.

"It's okay". She said to me, looking into my eyes as she managed to get out a smile. A couple tears strolled down her face. "I just know he is at peace, in heaven waiting for us."