Chapter 23

*Celosia "Robin" Douglas's POV*:

For the first time ever, we were going with our own plan and not involving Shimizu or having him lead in a certain way. It was scary, but the more I heard them out, the more it made sense to me that Mizzo and Danny's plan just wasn't efficient.

And yet I was going against my own friend and the love of my life. I wasn't so sure if we were making the right decision since we are planning this all of a sudden, yet complained when Shimizu and Danny did it.

It needed more time but time wasn't on our side. To be honest, it never was. We've always fought against it.

As I was walking away from Gaia and Beval, Kimberly grabbed my shoulder.

"Hey girl, are you alright? You aren't scared are you?"

Her striking gray eyes pierced through my soul. I couldn't lie to her. She would've already known I was, that's why the question was rhetorical.

"No, this is so unforgivable of us to do, yet, smart. I want to save the shelter in the most official way possible, but I don't want to do anything we might regret later on", I sighed, flopping my arms down, slapping the side of my thighs.

"You're afraid of what Shimizu will think. You're afraid of getting him upset and being rejected and ridiculed", Kimberly explained, reading my emotions with an eye-roll.

Kimberly was never the type to care what people think. Even back when she was Davidson High School's bully, even after we physically fought, even at the extermination camp, she did her own thing and didn't care about the consequences. It's what made people love, fear, or hate her.

"Yes! I already have to deal with the strange looks others give me here, I can't bare to deal with an angry Mizzo. I'm afraid of going against him and I shouldn't even have to explain why. He means the world to me and I love him", I said with an attitude in response to her eyeroll. "You just don't get it."

I angrily walking away from Kimberly, somewhat regretting how I responded to her. She meant no harm after all. She just wanted me to see how this mission was worth it's consequences.

She followed me, groaning.

"Where are you going?"

I turned to look back at her. Before I could answer, she pointed to the right. There was a hall full of rooms with numbers on them. "Alex's suite is that way".

My face went blank yet looked so stupid. I wasn't planning to go to Alex, I was mindlessly walking, trying to gather my thoughts. I chuckled.

"I-I don't know Kimberly."

Kimberly cut her eyes and glared at me. "You're going to ask him and I'm coming with you too. If he declines, I'll just force him to teleport us".

"And how will you do that?" I asked with a cocked eyebrow as we begin our walk down the hallway where suites 300-399 were.

"I have my ways", she smiled before grabbing my hand. "Come on."

We made it to room 350. Kimberly began banging on the door loudly with no care for other's peace and quiet.

"Alex! Alex! Open the door, we need to talk!", Kimberly shouted obnoxiously.

"Kimberly, why are you being so loud?", I cringed, loudly whispering to her. It was the afternoon but it didn't give Kimberly a right to be so loud and inconsiderate of others. Knowing her, she didn't care.

"Because he's probably in the bathroom jerking off to pictures of me. That loser has to hear me somehow."

I groaned as I pinched my nose bridge, embarrassed by my friend's behavior and how the few people passing by were staring at us.