₵Ⱨ₳₱₮ɆⱤ ₣ł₣₮ɆɆ₦

The sun is already up as I peel my face off the reclined car seat. I wipe my mouth, grateful there's no drool, especially since Sehun is already awake and driving. But judging by the ocean-view and grassy dirt field road we're on and the look of the farms out the window, I'd say we haven't gone very far.

Sehun's hair and clothes are somehow pristinely neat, whereas I'm less so, based on a quick assessment in the side mirror, which revealed a wrinkle from the seam of the upholstery running across my cheek.

"Remind me never to go camping with you," I say adjusting in my seat and removing the blanket we bought at the supermarket on our way out of Ansan last night. "You're one of those people who mysteriously wakes up looking like they're going to a senior formal dance."

Sehun smiles at me, and in the morning light I can't help but be impressed. "Will coffee help?" he asks.

I spot two steaming cups in the console between us. I didn't hear him stop to get them, but with the lack of sleep we got last night between finding a suitable hiding place and then waking every couple of hours to run the heat, I'm not surprised I slept through it.

"Yes, yes it will," I say, gratefully clasping the warm cup in my hand.

Sehun steals a look at me. "I take it school formal dances is a good thing?" he asks.

For a moment I just stare at him, shocked that Sehun, who seems to know everything about everything, doesn't know what school dances are. But then I realize that of course he doesn't. He never went to a normal school, didn't have normal friends, and probably never watched TV shows. 

"It's a formal dance, as I said," I say, taking a small sip of the delightfully hot coffee. "You get all decked out in fancy gowns and tuxes, rent a limo with your friends, and then dance to super-predictable songs in some themed venue. There's always pictures beforehand in someone's backyard with your parents telling you to stand near your date and then there's a rager afterward where someone sneaks in alcohol and at least one person winds up puking in the bushes."

Sehun listens, amuse by my description. I can't help but think it probably sounds like nonsense to him. "I always wondered what regular school was like," he says, and I give him a questioning look.

"You did?"

"Of course," he says, and takes a sip of his coffee.

It baffles me that this confident, model-esque expert strategist ever gave a second thought to something as mundane as high school. "Mostly it's painfully early classes and a bunch of teens taking their angst out on each other. You're not missing much."

"I've also never been to the movies," he says.

"Never ever?" I say with a heaping of dramatic shock.

Sehun shakes his head.

"Oh man. Jisoo would have a field day with you," I say, and realize this is the first conversation in a long time where I feel somewhat like old self. I look at Sehun. "You know what? When this is all over, we're having a movie night, and we'll watch all the high school classics. When the night is over, you'll know more about regular school than you ever wanted to." I pause. "So you didn't go to the movies and you didn't go to a regular school-what did you do?"

"Mostly Sejeong and I trained," he says. "Our days and evenings were filled with tutors, and when we weren't training we were shadowing ur parents and meeting our foreign contacts. There wasn't time for much else. An occasional shopping trip to pick up supplies or Strategia social functions, sure, but we didn't do what you would probably think of as typical. There were no visits to toy stores or theme parks, and there were definitely no playgrounds. If we exhibited our agility skills in the open, people would have instantly realized there was something different about us."