Chapter 4

I sat there hoping and praying that she was okay. Sitting down, tried it but failed miserably, I couldn't sit still , I just couldn't worry shook me.It had my adrenalin pimping, so I paced.

        It had been 30 minutes exactly since I bought her here. I was terrified, I couldn't seem to get myself to calm down enough to think straight. I've never been this nervous, or scared in my life, but I have been angry before.That was something right?

         I just did what I do when I get angry,I have to calm down. I took out my phone and put in my ear buds, and touched the shuffle sign then I touched a random song in my 'Anger' Playlist.A song came on. I hadn't noticed what the song was until I forced my brain to register the sound and lyrics.It was "Summit" by Skrillex.The words that always seem to make me want to smile now made me want to drop to my knees and cry.The words rang in my head:

 'A silent heart ticking under the ground. Taking the weight of which has yet to be found. If you can hear me now then why don't you recall? I was the cared after all.'

         I don't know why, maybe it was the beat or the sound of the music, but at that moment tears threatened to spill.

        I sit in the waiting room exactly 20 more minuets.Then a doctor in scrubs, and a white lab coat comes out and looks around.There were now about 30 people in the room with me.

        "Um is anyone here for Vanessa McCartney?" he asks looking up from his clip board. I stand immediately.He walks over to me.

        "How are you related to her?"heasks looking at me.

        "Uh I'm her girlfriend," I say not really thinking about it. His eyebrows went up in a confused look.

        "You mean she's your girlfriend," he says.

        "Yeah, why does it matter?It's the same way backwards," I say getting annoyed.

        "Yeah sure, How old are you?"

        "I'm 15."

        "So can you tell me what happened from the beginning?"

        "Uh, okay we walked in the school, I was angry at some guy for something he did.  I was gonna beat the living crap out of him.She told me to calm down, then I kissed her.It got really heated but then I broke it off, and I hit the guy. When I was about to hit him again she called my name. I ran to her, she had a cloudy look in her eye.She passed out. I caught her, and she started to have a seizure. I took her out of the school.We sat in the back of my truck. I held her while it happened.After about five minutes. I got worried, so I bought her here,"I say in one breathe.

        "Okay, come with me," he said as he walked away. I followed.We stopped at a door, "she's asleep now we are running test so she will be tired when she wakes up, and she's fine. We just want to know exactly what caused this seizure and why it lasted so long," he said and walked away.

        I walk in to see her laying there asleep on a full sized hospital bed she was so small and fragile the room was pasty white and she was on a heart monitor that made a steady beeping noise.

        I sat in a chair that was close to her bed I grabbed her limp hand and laid back in the seat.

        After about 5 minutes of mentally praising God that she was okay I felt a squeeze on my hand.

        "Paris," she whispered.

        "Yeah babe I'm here," I say sitting up so she could see me.

        "My head hurts," she mumbled lifting her free hand to touch her head but groaned in pain as she tried to lift it "everything hurts." she wined.

        "I know Baby I'll get the nurses," I say rushing to the door flagging for a nurse. She gives Nessa some pain medication and left.

        "Are you feeling better?" I ask her.

        "Yeah, Now that your with me," says pulling me toward her. I pressed my lips on her forehead then her cheek and finally her lips. The kiss was soft. Her sweet lips on mine felt like a peice of heaven. She broke it and looked into my eyes and caressed my cheek and pulled my lips back to hers. Then  someone cleared their throat. We broke the kiss looking towards the door it was a man in a suit with a black briefcase.

        "I'm Teddy Fields, of Social Services I'm sorry to tell you this but your grandfather is being imprisoned. He has committed many crimes in the states of Texas and Louisiana including murder and bank robbery in the year of 2005. Your Uncle Bennie Maik will have permanent custody of you. It is most likely that your grandfather will have at least 40 years to life in prison, Sorry, but when you are released you will be living with him and I have no time to discuss matters. He will be waiting for you. I have a very important case to be on right about now. Sorry, I'll call you and make sure your settled in we have done background and he is now your only family sorry, bye," he said and gave her a card and walked out.

        "Baby are you Okay?"

        "Yeah I knew about it already he told me and he told me this might happen so I was pretty prepared for it,"

        "Okay just get some rest we'll talk about every thing later,"

        "Okay can you sleep with me?"

        "Okay," I say taking off my shirt leaving me in a beater and I pulled off my pants leaving me in basketball shorts I got in with her and she curled up with me laying her head on my chest wrap my arms around her small frame and fall a sleep to her slow breathes and the steady beep of the monitor. I Just hope this Bennie guy safe.

Thanks for reading. Hope you liked it.