Chapter 1

My name is Vanessa I'm 15 and I have flaws but don't we all. I'm epileptic but I can handle it better then most people that have it. I have exactly 0 friends and I'm not sad at all about that all I need to do is get thought high school and college and I'm done.

All I need is my Gramps. He's the only thing I have now. My parents died In a car crash when I was a few weeks old. I was with my gramps when he got the call that his daughter and her husband were in a severe car crash and died instantly on Impact. After the funeral that's when I get sick. I was lying down with gramps when I had my first seizure, he rushed me to the hospital and I guess I stayed, and the doctors diagnosed me.

Now here I am my first day of Junior year in the same city same, stupid people, same profile, just a different locker.

As I made my way to my locker I'm abruptly slammed against a wall. I look up and to see Joel my lifelong bully. He lifted his hand to hit and I braced myself for the hard blow, but it never came. I look up to see some girl on top of Joel punching him in the face. She just keeps hitting him, even after he loses consciousness, then Mr. Marks, the principal, comes out. He's a tall muscular guy but very bald he pulls her off and yells

"Dammit Paris, you promised," he pointed.

"Yeah well I lied, Daddy can I go home now," she said.

"No, Detention for a week," he yelled he was so red he looked as if he would pop.

"Detention, what do you think home is. You know what, fuck this, fuck you, your detention, and fuck public school. I hate it here, I'm going home, see you later, Daddy," she yelled and then before I knew it I was being dragged to a motorcycle it was all black it, was beautiful.

"Get on," was all she said I got on behind her as fast as I could. she handed me a helmet I put it on.

"Put your arms around me and hold on," she said as she started the bike and took off.

I tightened my grip as she turd corners we soon reached a huge house I get off behind I hand her the helmet and we walk into the house I followed her up stairs and into a room.

"Sit on the bed," she said dropping her bag. I slowly make my way to the bed to sit she walks up to my sitting body and squats in font of me. She then reaches to touch my neck which should have a bruise by now. Her hand grazed it and I flinched. It hurt to touch she turned my face to get a better look and I could see the hurt and anger in her eyes.

"Stand up," she said softly I stood and she turned me around and lifted my shirt. She touched the small of my back and I whimpered in pain as she touch lingered on it.

I look up at her 6,1 frame, she had black hair, bright blue eyes and she had muscles that looked chiseled to perfection, she looked like a boy, a cute boy.

"You okay, what's your name?" She said, turning me back to her.

"Vanessa," I say but it came out as a whisper.

"I'm Paris, who was that?"

"Joel," I say lowly.

"Who is he, an abusive ex? Why did he feel like he could hurt you? Do you want me to kill him, I'll kill him," she said making herself angry.

"No, he's not worth it and h-he's a bully he has been for years, but only towards me," I said with a sad look I felt so vulnerable.

"Not anymore, I'll protect you," she said. Handing be pills, I took them.

"Take a nap," she said I laid down then about two min. Later I felt a body I turned in her arms to face her I buried my face in her chest and I felt her kiss my head

"I'll never let any one hurt you ever again," she whispered I felt completely safe. I snuggled into her more and she tightened her hold on me as I fell asleep in her arms listing to her heartbeat.