Chapter 15: The Savior of Aoi VI

As Aoi's eyes fluttered open to the blinding sunlight coming from the windows of the Butterfly Mansion, she felt a certain pressure on the two of her legs.

Her eyesight shifted from the sun to the boy sleeping on her bed, curled up like a small child waiting for his loved one to wake up.

His head rested on Aoi's hips as he lightly snored, legs dangling onto the floor.

Aoi brushed the strands of hair covering his long eyelashes and touched the supple skin of his face, wondering how he could be born with better features than her.

However, those features didn't make him less than a man. She would always remember that, especially after he rescued her from the wretched demon child.

Time had been moving too fast, but she recalled the course of events that happened before she was brought back to the manor to get treated.

Her cheeks couldn't stop blushing as she thought of the time Inosuke came to fetch her.

She had never dreamed that someone would find her fitting to rescue—that she became an important person in one's life.

Butterflies circled her stomach, churning and burning inside, making Aoi feel very much unusual with her feelings.

Lots of things had changed her perception on this boar-headed man, but she was silently afraid of her own heart.

What if this is just temporary, like an infatuation that is meant to die once the fire runs out of oxygen?

Recalling the night when he appeared to get her, Aoi couldn't forget the insurmountable happiness she felt when he surged in through the door.

A cathartic moment—when she predicted to give up, only to be saved by the last seconds of hope.

And during that time, she came to know that her restless little being couldn't relax when she was around him.

Flashing back to the storehouse, not even ten minutes when they had met again, Inosuke and Aoi abhorred fate for putting them in such awkward situations with each other.

Inosuke attempted to take out the demon child first, but not having his Nichirin blade and with the sun still sleeping during the night, he had to knock him off his consciousness.

Once the demon child was on the ground, laying there motionless, he lost his ability to uphold Aoi into the air.

The woman sneered upon seeing the possibility of getting Aoi injured without even trying.

As she felt gravity pulling her onto the floor, Aoi screamed as she flailed, "Oh my God!"

Fortunately, Inosuke's enhanced sense of touch detected the malicious intention that woman had on Aoi and moved obscurely fast to make sure that she wouldn't fall flat on the floor.

That didn't mean she wouldn't fall for the person who rescued her.

Once Inosuke caught her in his arms, she reflexively wrapped her arms around his neck as her eyes watched how close she was onto breaking her bones.

Regaining her focus, Aoi felt the warmth of his body transferring to her cold palms and her cheeks turned hot to the thought of his body being so close to her.

She swiftly turned her face to look at him and for a while, she believed that his green pair of eyes had the power to bewitch this weak soul of hers.

They were only a few inches away from each other. Aoi could feel the heat of his breath whirling around the surface of her skin.

Once Inosuke blinked, Aoi realized that he was too close and the reminder that once he laid on top of her, surged fast into her memory.