Chapter 6: The Words of Tanjiro I

The patients that were healed needed to attend the rehabilitation training.

To Aoi, the training regime was consequential not just for the demon slayers, but to the general public. It would help them to train their body after laying on the bed for months without any major movements.

After serving breakfast, she sauntered into the training room with her blue uniform and began preparing the place for its upcoming trainees. Kanao, the three assistants, and the two remaining pillars, Shinazugawa and Tomioka were asked to join.

As Aoi arranged the cups on a small desk, Naho, Kiyo and Sumi made their way in, greeted her and prepared for their normal duty on the yoga mats, about to perform flexibility training.

She watched the girls as they laughed with each other, remembering her childhood when she still had her siblings to play with every single day.

Then, the door creaked open, very slowly that she almost didn't notice her best friend walking in. Kanao was still in her healing phase, but she was allowed to join.

Her head was bowing down as if she was sad about something.

Aoi tried her best to sound upbeat. "Good morning, Kanao! How are you feeling today?"

Kanao made her way to Aoi in small steps and replied, "Morning, Aoi-san. I-I think I'm fine."

She still hesitated each time that she had to speak up without using the coin, but Aoi knew she was trying her best. Perhaps, she was feeling down because Tanjiro showed no signs of waking up yet.

"Don't worry. Tanjiro is going to get better as time passes. He's always a bit stubborn after all," comforted Aoi, patting her friend's back and gesturing her to sit before the desk.

Since Kanao was not fully healed but insisted to help, Aoi decided to put her for the reflex game, splashing water to those who were not quick enough. At least, she didn't have to stand and run, which would be bad for her body.

Kanao nodded, not wanting to talk more. She crossed her legs, sat down and began to train her arms to move faster than usual.

When the two pillars arrived, Aoi briefed them about the training regime, leaving the game of tag to them. At first, the wind pillar seemed annoyed with such a childish game, but as Aoi explained that it would be important to measure one's speed, he became excited.

Tomioka was as blank as usual, but he seemed to accept Aoi's requests without any disagreement.

Even though she knew it would be impossible for the patients to overcome the pillars in speed and agility, it was still good to have them train their muscles

During the whole training, Aoi was in charge of supervising the patients and watching their growth. She was the one deciding whether a person was allowed to rest or continue the training until she was satisfied.