Chapter 16

Everything is happening so fast. I look over to the ground on my left and I see the knife, and I see the boy to the right. I quickly dive toward the knife. As I dive I feel something grip my leg and my body drives into the ground. The boy crawls to me and starts to punch and scratch at me. It is as if he is no longer human, like he is... Is an animal. My whole body aches. I shove the boy off but he comes right back, the world starts to go black. I manage to mumble a few words.

"Who are you? Why are you doing this?"

He stops for a brief moment, and looks into my eyes. His eyes are watering, almost as if he feels remorse, I don't understand. He is trying to kill me, but he feels bad...

We both fight for the knife, but I reach it first. Holding it in my hand I point it an him.

"P-p-please, stay back, I don't want to hurt you!" I say with the knife shaking in my hand.

Instead of stopping, he runs at me. I hold the knife out and scream at him to stop, but he doesn't. He jumps at me like a wild tiger would strike at its prey.

I feel him hit me, and I see the knife drive into his chest. We both fall to the ground, him on top of me. I look at him, and I see the life leaving his eyes, his pupils dilate. He is dead. I killed him, and I didn't even know his name.