Chapter 12

A confused look comes from Jesses face. I know exactly what she is thinking, what is the dome? Before I can get another word out, she jumps in.

"What the hell is 'the dome'?" Instead of anger in her voice like before, there is confusion with sadness. What do I tell her? I don't even know what the dome is!

"It's... uh... I don't really know. All I know is that we are stuck here and weird stuff happens sometimes." Wow, this is literally all that I know about the dome. I can see the confusion come on Jesses face, she brings her eyebrows down as if she doesn't believe me.

"Who is 'we'? There is more of you?" She asks me.

"Ya, I could take you to them. But we have to hurry, it's almost night." I say this hoping that she will come, wait, why do I want her to come? She hits me with a frying pan, blindfolds me, and then ties me up like a hostage, yet I still want he to come.

She looks at me for a while, and then tells the rest of the girls to huddle up. They talk for a while and then she turns around. "Take us to the rest of you guys."

"Alright, but you will have to untie me first." I say this hoping for a giggle, by all I get is Jess motioning for two girls to untie me. I look outside and see that there is only about five minutes before nightfall. "Come on we have to hurry, no time for questions, just run!"

I start to sprint, and when I look back I see the girls following me. I could get used to this, having girls chasing me... Focus.

I see the sleeping quarters, we are almost there when I start to see the footprints in the ground. "Hurry!" I yell.

When I reach the building, I open the door and let all of the girls go in first. Jess is in the back to make sure all of the girls make it. I reach out my hand to help her get in faster, when right as she reaches for my hand she is dragged to the ground.

"Jess!" I yell as she is dragged and attacked. I pull out a pocket knife that Joe gave me the other day. I run out and jump on top of the beast, the beast that attacked me. There is no way that I can take it down with just the knife. Once I am on top of it, I stab it repeatedly, without a break. The beast howls and jumps up off of Jess. I look at her to tell her to run but her legs are shredded and she isn't moving. As I am looking at her I fall off of the beast and hit the ground. I look at the ground any see the footprints going away from us. It is leaving. Thank god.

I look over to Jess and she is bleeding profusely. I jump up and go over to Jess, bend over, and pick her up ever so carefully. "Come on Jess, stay with me!" I say as I run to the house with her in my arms.