Chapter 10

After watching that pig being violently mauled I couldn't sleep. Its not that I was scared, I was just... disturbed I guess. Last night was only my third night here, and it already feels like I've been here for years.

When I get up this morning I feel a lot better than I did just yesterday, that's a plus. Over the last few days, Joe and I have gotten in a daily routine:

1. Wake up

2. Go to the stalls

3. Get lunch

4. Work some more

5. Go to sleep

6. Repeat

My schedule isn't all that boring, sometimes I go on a walk and kick some stuff. There is just not much to do around here.

Every time I see Ben, he gives me an evil glare. I try to stay at least twenty feet away from him at all times.

Today has been pretty normal day so far, and then it happens. The whole dome gets foggy and it starts to get hard to see. Boys are running around screaming, and then falling to the ground. I run as fast as I can to try to find Joe and my vision starts to fog up, right now I am running aimlessly, hoping to escape the deadly fog. before I know it, my foot gets caught on a log and I fall to the ground. When I try to get up my body is too weak. I am awake but my body is asleep, why is this happening! My world starts to go black and I think that I am passed out.

I start to wake back up, I don't remember much. Maybe the fog was just a bad dream. Unfortunately, when I wake up, I see that I am in a room. I am strapped into a table, and I am unable to move. To my left I can see that there are more tables, with more boys strapped to them.

"Hey! Let me out of here!" I yell to anyone who is listening.

A woman, the first I think I have ever seen, comes over to me. She has on a medical mask and a white lab coat.

"Please, let me go!" I yell to her, but she does not even look like she hears me.

She looks down at me, and in her hand she holds a large needle. "Whoops, looks like someone woke up a little early." she says in a high pitched voice and then giggles afterwords. She raises up the needle and injects me with a thick liquid. I can feel it running through my veins, it feels just like the fog.

"Stop, don't do tha..." I can't even finish my sentence before I black out.