Chapter 14

I had a dream last night.

I was in the same field where I saw Jess for the first time. I can only see the back of her head, her beautiful dirty blonde hair. I know this time that I can't yell to her because she she won't be able to hear me. I start to walk over to her and slowly pick up speed to reach her quicker, that's when she starts to turn around. As she turns, her face starts to morph into something, it is a boys face but I don't immediately recognize who he is. As the face morphs I see that the hair that was once Jesses is now falling off and is turning into short red hair.

As the boy turns around I start to recognize him, I am unsure of his name but I have seen him in the mess hall before.

I open my mouth to speak to him but he acts first. He looks at me strangely at first, and then his mouth curls into a grin and lowers his eyebrows. The smile on his face is not one of happiness, but in his smile I saw anger, craziness, satisfaction, but most terrifying of all, I see death.

Right as he opens his mouth just a crack, blood starts to trickle out and runs down his chin, and then to his shirt. He does nothing to stop the bleeding, he just stands there with the same strange smile.

I reach out to ask him if he is okay but I can't move. As I look down at my feet I see that they are sinking down into the mud.

"Hey, help me!" I scream but he does not respond, his eyes just move down my torso to my stomach.

Confused I look down, and I see that there is a huge rip through my shirt covered in blood. Quickly, I remove my shirt to see what is causing the bleeding and I see that it is a large gash in my stomach. I can hardly breath.

Why isn't he helping me? He doesn't even look concerned, he looks... Satisfied?