Chapter 16

Joe was in his dressing room getting ready for the show with all of his crazy pre-show rituals. Sophie and him were running around and then they stopped and faced one another.

"Come on and do it," Joe yelled, referencing the fact that he needed her to slap him in the face, because it was part of his pre-show rituals.

"One second," Sophie said heading towards the door.

"Come on! You're going to mess up the energy," he called as his wife walked away.

A few moments later the door opened again and instead of Sophie standing there, it was Faith.

"What's up? You ok?" Joe asked. Surely something was wrong if Faith was coming to him, he thought.

"Sophie said that you like to have someone slap you in the face before a show," she said.

"And you want to do it?" Joe asked. Faith nodded and Joe nodded back, "Ok, do your worst. What you do I can take it."

Faith nodded again before slapping Joe's cheek. There was a brief moment of stillness between the siblings, then she hugged him. She said she was sorry over and over again while Joe mumbled the same into his baby sister's hair. Faith let go and wiped her tears.

"Come on you have a show to do," Faith said and the two of them left the dressing room to join the pre-show huddle with the rest of their family and the crew members.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One day changed everything for Faith. As she was walking to her seat with her family she was genuinely excited to be watching the show, she couldn't remember the last time that happened. She was dancing around and singing along, to the best of her ability, with you brother, sister-in-law's and nieces while her older brothers were singing on stage. It was one of the best nights of her life because it was the first night in 11 years that she wasn't carrying around the weight of her hate for her brothers, instead it was love she felt. During the intermission Sophie turned to Faith, "I'm so happy that I finally get to see the real you." Intermission ended and the brother's sang When You Look Me in the Eye, once it was over Joe started to talk.

"I just want to thank you all for coming out here tonight in support of me and my brother," he started, "This show is really important to me because our little sister Faith is sitting out in the audience with the rest of our family, and it is the first time in 11 years that I truly believe she wants to be here. Just before we came on stage tonight she gave me a hug, the first hug I've received from her in 11 years. Faith, I want you to know that I love you and every song tonight and everything about tonight is dedicated to you, because I will never forget that today I got to call you my sister for the first time in my professional career," Joe finished by blowing a kiss in the direction of his sister before the next song started.

After the show the Jonas Family headed to the rooftop of the hotel for a party. The party was even more special then the show because Faith was there, not standing in the background or hiding behind Frankie, but really there enjoying herself and getting in all the pictures. As the night was winding down and the family was lounging around the fire pit Faith announced that she wanted to say a few words.

"Today was the best day of my life. If you told me last year that I would willingly spend my spring break at Nick's house, or go to a Jonas Brothers's concert and have fun, or sit here on this rooftop and hang out with my whole family and like it I would have told you that you were crazy. But here I am, and I did all those things and for the first time in a long time I am truly happy and will be for the rest of my life because I have all of you here to love me and support me. No more hiding in my room. I love all of you so so much, and I promise to never stop loving you again."

The End
Thank you all so much for reading! The amount of support I've received for this story has been so amazing so thank you!
~Amber