Chapter 8

Nick and the other brothers were finally back from the UK. Faith was making plans to see Nick in a week but Kevin was on his way to Tennessee to check on her.

Kevin
Hey Faithie, I just landed in Tennessee.
I know I didn't tell you I was coming but
I wanted to come and see you now that
we are back

Faith

Oh my goodness, ok, do you need me to

come and pick you up? I can leave class

Kevin
No, no don't worry about it. I'll get a rental.
I'll tell you were I park and I'll take you to
lunch

Faith

Ok, I love you

Kevin
❤️

Faith ran out of the classroom to the parking lot where Kevin was. She texted him that she was in the parking lot. When she saw him getting out of his car, she ran over and jumped into his arms.

"Hey kid!" Kevin said.

"Hi, I missed you! Why didn't you tell me you were coming?" Faith said, climbing into the rental car he was driving.

"I missed you too Faithie. I wanted it to be a surprise. I'm not staying long just for the night, but I needed to see you."

"We've barely talked and that's on me. Nick has been pretty adamant about talking to me all day long."

"I know, how are you doing with all of that? With Nick and Joe, I mean."

"Honestly?" Faith asked, sighing.

"You can tell me anything," Kevin said, taking his sister's hand.

"Nick wants me to come down and see him but I'm nervous," Faith admitted.

"Nervous about what exactly?" Kevin asked.

"I don't know, I guess... I guess I just keep thinking about how I've been running away from him for so long. What if I get there and I run?"

"Has everything been going well over the phone and the text messages?" Kevin asked. H was worried that Nick had said or done something to upset her.

"They have, don't worry. I just haven't been in the same room alone with Nick in years. There's no saying how my body will react."

"Just take it one step at a time Faith. If you're not ready, then you're not, he'll understand."

"Thanks, Kev," Faith smiled as they pulled up to a restaurant. The pair went inside and sat down. After their food order was put in Kevin started up the conversation about their brothers again.

"How have things been with Joe?" Kevin asked. He watched his little sister shutter, "That bad?"

"I haven't spoken to him since the night I blocked him. But with things going so well with Nick, I decided to unblock him, but he hasn't reached out."

"Did you try and reach out?"

"Why would I? Every time I talk to him he just yells at me," Faith shrugged like it didn't matter but on the inside it hurt so much to relive the sound of Joe yelling at her.

"Just text him. He can't yell at you over text," Kevin suggested and Faith stopped to consider it.

"Just let me get through making up with Nick before I try and talk to Joe," Faith said and Kevin laughed. The waiter brought their food out and the conversation differed to topics other than their siblings. After lunch, the two went back to campus to pick up Frankie and the three of them spent time together before Frankie and Faith had to get back to do homework. Kevin hugged his brother and sister goodbye before heading to his hotel for the night.