Chapter 7

~Danielle and Faith's lunch~

"How are you doing?" Danielle asked as the two sat down at their table.

"I'm fine."

"Come on, I did not fly down here to check on you for you to say that you're 'fine'."

"I don't know. I guess it was a lot at first, getting everything out in the open. I had to talk with Dad a bunch to make sure everything I was saying wasn't going to cause too much of an uproar in the media. Which was frustrating because if I'm going to get it out, I'm going to get it all out, you know?"

"Have you talked with the boys at all?"

"Kevin and I texted a little bit about him posting that thing on Instagram," Faith said, trying to avoid talking about Nick and Joe. But she knew that that wasn't going to fly with her sister.

"And Nick? Joe?"

"Joe and I have talked twice, both times ended with us screaming at each other. He's currently blocked on my phone."

"Wow, I hope your interactions with Nick have been better," Danielle said, hopefully.

"They started out bad, but after I posted the Q&A video, he called. We talked and he promised he was going to try and make things right."

"And what did you say?"

"I said that I would be willing, as long as he was really going to try," Faith said. Danielle reached across the table and grabbed her sister's hand.

"I'm really proud of you," Danielle said.

"Thanks, can we talk about something else now?"

~Later that night text between Nick and Faith~

Nick
Hey, I saw your video. I'm glad that you
got to see Danielle, I'm sure it helped
in all this craziness.

Faith

Hey. Yeah, it did help to talk with her and spend

time with the nieces. How was the show?

Nick
It was good. I cried during WYLMINE.

Faith

Why?

Nick
Cause of your video! You and Frankie are
singing it. It hit hard when you said you
never listen to it and I could just hear you
in my head while I was singing.

Nick

I never knew you could sing

Faith

Sorry, I didn't mean to make you upset.

Faith

And I kind of assumed you didn't know. 

When you send years not paying attention to 

someone you tend not to know much about them

Nick
I'm going to fix this. Faith. I've already

Got you a plane ticket to see me and Pri

when we get back. I won't mess this up.

Faith

For both of our sakes, I hope you mean it

Faith

I should probably get some sleep. Night.

Nick
I do mean it, Faith, I promise. Sleep well, love you.

~from where the Jonas Brothers are~

"Who are you texting," Joe asked Nick.

"Faith. She and I talked, I think we might actually be getting somewhere," Nick said. Joe's face fell, "You know, she would probably give you another chance if you reached out."

"I don't think so. She made it very clear, she wants nothing to do with me," Joe said.

"You don't know that, Joe," Nick said, trying to convince his brother.

"It doesn't matter. I don't want to do it over the phone anyway," Joe said, "I think I'm going to lay down for a bit."

Joe made his way to his bunk and closed the curtain. Kevin, who was listening in, came around the corner and sat next to Nick.

"So you and Faith are talking again?" Kevin asked.

"Yeah, I'm planning on having her come see me after we get back to the States," Nick said, smiling.

"Nick," Kevin said in a very serious tone, "You have to promise me that you aren't going to hurt her again. Are actually going to take the time out of your schedule to talk to her and see her? Because if you can't make that promise, then there's no point in trying. I don't want to see her hurt again."

"I'm going to do whatever it takes man. I'm not losing her again, I promise," Nick said.

Kevin nodded, signaling he was satisfied with Nick's answer. He patted Nick on the back before heading to his bunk as well.