─ four

The night skies eclipsed to gentle light, letting the pink of the sunrise creep through the shutters of the dorm.

Sakusa lit up a cigarette, as he usually did after he and his partner had their unspoken time. He looked out the window, nude and gorgeous, back to Atsumu. They were still unclothed, a stubborn scent of cold sweat sticking to their bare skin filling the air with reminiscences of a sinful night.

"Ya really felt like torturin' me last night, didn't ya?" Atsumu teased, lying under cum-stained sheets.

"Kind of," Sakusa sighed. "I thought you liked me mean."

Atsumu shivered at the emotionless tone. He did. Still, the young man could sense a painful ounce of guilt buried deep beneath marble words and stone hearted confessions, bleeding through the armor of his impassive expression when he remembered how many times Sakusa had slapped, whipped and forced his submissive to cum the night preceding the talk.

Though how could he keep control over himself, when a man as prideful, contemptible and irritating as Miya Atsumu displayed his abused figure for the pleasure of his impassive eyes only? He was broken and oh-so beautiful in between his threatening palms, and Sakusa more than once craved to own every inch of his celestial body, even remorseless to violate such a delicate and graceful thing. Pain and domination were part of his pleasure, and nothing would ever change that.

"Want some?" asked the younger man, handing his cigarette to Atsumu.

Atsumu chuckled nervously, removing the covers from himself, "Actually, I was plannin' ta go back to my dorm and take a shower," he said, "I need a little time to sleep before practice, and I'm filthy right now."

Silence filled the air like steel as something punched Sakusa to the gut. He knew that their relation was nothing more than friends — no, teammates — with benefits, no strings attached. Both probably sought a way to sew two gaping holes in their lonely hearts with the threads and needles of lust. But still, being able to control any of Atsumu's movements for a night didn't seem quite enough to satisfy his ego. When you'd had an angel fallen between your ungodly hands all night long and carried out his lewdest craves as though you were a man in love, you'd have the right to a moment of tenderness, wouldn't you? Sadly, Atsumu had a tendency to be running away from any engaging situations like a frightened rabbit — and that was one out of the countless things about him that pissed Sakusa off.

"Well, you don't have to stay anyway," he said, gaze wandering between his bondage gear and the other man. With his heart lodged in his throat, he turned to the window rather than having to face Atsumu. "Leave, I'll clean up everything later."

Atsumu picked up his clothes and dressed up, without a word, without a glance, without interest for his partner for a night. He went to the exit of the room, and his hand on the doorknob felt like the end of everything. "Okay then, see ya later, Omi."

The rabbit closed the door of the cage behind him, and as always, Sakusa was left all alone.