15

NIKKIS P.O.V

I live my life according to my wants. An elegant fashion model and a successful entrepreneur at age of 22, if I will look back at my old self 3 years ago, then its safe to say that I do change a lot.

I was walking on the seashore, taking a deep breath and feeling the salt water beneath my feet its summer. This is home; the place where the story begins; the seashore where I and Nick first meet. Speaking of Nick? Its been 3 years since I last saw him. That very moment that we are in his condo unit and he hugs me knowing that I am still committed to Clint who already has a fiancée. Since he left for overseas, I wasnt able to get news from him. Myka on the other hand already moved on and was 3 months married.

Nikki my mom called. I wave at her signaling her that I heard her call. Were on the seashore, the place where Nick and I used to talk some serious thought. Were having a family picnic with mom and dad and Nin. I walk towards their place. Its a very nice day dad, I said while hugging him tightly. Yes it is honey he smiles.

I look at Nin who is fond of texting. Shes now grown, beautiful and smart. I then glance at my mom who is so busy unpacking our stuff and there I notice that there are lots of plates. Mom, why are you putting tons and tons of plates? I mutter. She frowns then smiles turning to dad Oh! Havent we mentioned to you that this is not just a family picnic? We have visitors coming to Nikki dad said. I just nod looking at the sea.

Theyre here mom shouts. Is it really necessary? Dad and mom stand up and well, including Nin but me? Im not good at approaching visitors thats why I didnt bother to turn my eyes on the new arrivals. Instead, I put my earphones on my ear and drift myself into listening. Then the song Summertime by Bridgit Mendler. I sigh knowing that this song is for best friends and now Im sitting alone wondering where my best friend is.

Later I know someone grab the right earphone from my ear. Ugh! Who the heck is--- NICK! Hes here beside me now! Nikki he greets. Nick I greet back. You didnt greet us, why? he pouts. My mouth drops open its been 3 years and now hes here. God! I miss him so much. Nikki, are you alright? he asks. Instead of answering his questions, I give him a bear hug. Nick! I miss you, you are here Yes, okay Im here then after an awkward moment of silence I release him then I quickly stand up. That move is not good Nikki!

My subconscious spats. Nikki, you look lovely as always Nicks mom greets and hugs me. Thanks, Tita, you as well I mutter then, Nick's dad scoops me into a great embrace. Same as Nick, I never saw his parents for 3 years too. Why dont you both talk for a while? Were sure that you need to do some chats mom said. I frown then I glance at Nick who is still smiling at me.

Y---yes sure I mutter. After that, Nick walked toward the sea and I follow his lead. We walk and walk and walk and walk. Its like fifteen minutes of silence between the two of us. I want to talk to him but I dont know where to start. Hey, can I have your number? Nick asks breaking the silence. Sure, I said. I gave him my number and he did the same thing. And when were finished exchanging our mobile numbers, an awkward silence occurs again.

We keep on walking away from our parents, Nick sits on a big rock and he offers the other side of the rock. I accept the offer and sit down next to him.

How are you? I ask. Im doing well, how about you? I heard so much about you he said not leaving my eyes. I wish I could say the same I whisper. Yeah, I was so busy in Australia he sigh and now he was glancing back to the sea. His physical appearance changes; hes a lot hotter, handsome in short perfect. I bet you love that country I smile turning my eye focus to our picnic area. Yes, I love that country but theres still no place like home taking a deep breath he put his arm on my shoulder taking me by surprise.

I didnt bother to argue with it, after all, this man that is by my side is my best friend and not just that, I love him but I bet he doesnt love me like that anymore. Well, I dont care as long as hes happy then I am too. I know what you mean I mumble.

Nikki, I thought you totally forgotten me he said no taking his eyes on the sea. In his voice, I know that hes serious but I dont know what type of topic is this You wish Nick! I will never forget you I hit his head and make him turn his face on me What was that for? he shouts. Dont you shout at me I punch his shoulder and we ended up laughing.

So, whos your new now? he ask. What do you mean? I ask back. You know, boys that head over heels asking for your permission he smirks. Ah! Do you mean those boys? Well, I dont have any interest in that part Nick I smirk.

How about you Nick? I whisper. How about me what? he asks confused. The same question but not boys rather girls I tease. You dont have to know it he snaps and he stands up stretching his muscle then he sits back again.

Come on, where best friends right? I ask, hopefully, yes. Yes, of course, he said smiling at me. So be honest with me. Who do you like? I demand. No one, I love someone I felt a knife stabs at my back, he might know this girl when hes in Australia. I want to walk away but I dont want to be rude and I must be happy for him so I just manage to Ohhh, she must be very lucky Definitely, I love her since the day I met her he smiles; there I saw how happy knowing this girl. Really? Well, since we're best friends I wanna meet her. Please call her I ask convincing myself that I will be alright. Oh! Okay, he said. This is it! He takes out his phone and calls the girl No go back. Im waiting for Nick's signal when my phone buzzes and Im receiving a call, its a private number. I signal a hand Best, hold on. I think I'm receiving a call he nods at me and I answer the phone. Hello, who is this? I answer, after that, I heard some giggling Nikki, I love you

My mouth drops open, it was Nick. He loves me. That jealousy that I felt earlier evaporated; it was like gone with the wind. I hang up and turn my gaze on him who is smiling. What did you say? I ask him so that it will be clear. I thought he will whisper it but I was wrong I Love You Nikki and I want to spend the rest of my life loving, cherishing, and taking good care of you. I love you, I love my best friend and if youll give me a chance I will marry you and spend all my life with you

Tears prickles on my face, the man whom I love want to spend his whole life with me. What are you asking? I smile. I want you to be my girlfriend but Ill take my chances to ask you to be my wife he smiles walking close to me. Feet, inches, centimeters, millimeters until the space between us became empty.

Nikki, I was so afraid to take a risk last 3 years ago. Instead of fighting for my love, I left you behind. I easily give up on us but now, I never regret moving on from that life because here we are, fitting in a perfect place. I can stand on my feet and I will take on any responsibilities. Nikki, I have to admit that I fell in love with you from the day I met you. I fell in love with you from the day I start learning things. I will love you forever. I want you to be the mother of my child; I take back my first question. I dont want you to be my girlfriend. I want you to be my wife. Nikki, will you marry me?

I couldnt help but answer some tears of joy. Do I want to spend my whole life with him? Yes!

Before I could answer, Nicks lips meet mine. It was a very passionate, heated, soft-sweet kiss. Yes, I will marry you. I love you more than you ever knew and then he gently kisses me again.

From now on, Nick and I will make the best of our love story. I love him and he loves me. This is what I call home.