13

NICKS P.O.V

I lost her, really lost her. She chooses Clint for the second time, I just painfully watch her walk to the bedroom leaving me behind. Im weakening, I dont want this anymore. Why? Why did you give up on me Nikki? Am I that heavy burden for you?

A knock on my door occur, I quickly open it without checking who it was. Hey! Im back, anyway is there any food in here? Myka is standing on my doorstep. I sigh and give her some space to enter my condo; can I tell her about what happened? Nick? Are you okay? she asks.

Ill be lying if I told you that I am I smile. What happens? Wheres Nikki? Shes in the bedroom. Anyway, can we talk privately?

Yes, whats that all about Nick? Not here, lets go to the restaurant across the street

Myka nods and opens the door, I wanted to tell Nikki that Im going to the restaurant with Myka but I dont want to bother her after the scene. I dont want to say that its a mistake because I know that it was my intention, but just for a while, I want her to feel that I love her. Even just for a while.

I and Myka arrived at the restaurant; we sat at a table that is beside the window which can make me look over the building where my condo sits. The waiter checks our table and waited for our orders. After we chose the food that we want, the waiter left us. So, whats this story about? Myka snaps. I look at her and sigh, I dont know if its alright if she will change my place as Nikkis business partner. I mean after what happened in the condo, like maybe there will be an awkward atmosphere between me and Nikki and it might be the reason why we couldnt work properly.

Nick? Tell me, are there any scenes that happen between the two of you? she again snaps. I look away from her but despite all attempts, I know Myka that much. She knows if Im lying or not. Yes, I whisper. She gasps with horror, darn it! I just hug her thats all. What did you do? Did you--- Stop it ok? I just hug her; Im so desperate about her and Clint! I calmly say. So thats what you wanted to tell me this very whole time? she pouts. Then, I slight smile erupts on my face.

Unfortunately, no I smirk and she exhale a relief. Then, thats good because Im not that type of advice giver you know she smirks back. Thats why youre the one I wanted to talk to because Im not asking for some advice. Anyway, I just want to you know. I just--- Get to the point your big head! she smiles. Wait, Im nervous about asking you about this huge favor because you might--- Say it! she snaps which makes me nervous more. Is she crazy?

I want you to take my place as Nikkis business partner, I told her straight away holding my breath and making her throw the water on my face. Im sorry, you surprise me. What did you just say? she gasps. You heard me so dont make me say it again, I dont want to be wet! I snap while wiping my face. Why? Your dad and mom told you that you should teach Nikki how to run a business she reminded me. I never think of that, well maybe now I remember You can do it! I teach you all the things about running a business. You can teach her I said seriously.

You just cant back out now Nick, how about Nikkis feelings about this sudden--- She will be alright, Clint is with her. She doesnt need me now I cut her off. But Nick, what if--- Take it or leave it? I mean if you dont want to then I may be forcing you to find someone else I said. What about Nikkis parents and your parents? Ill talk to them, I will manage it my way I smile.

So, if this will happen where will you at? she asks. Ill be leaving. Im planning to go overseas, I just need to think and when Im ready I will come back I said. So you will talk to Nikki about this? No, Im not coming back to my condo. Tell her that, I might be leaving tonight. Ill just give you an update as to where I am or what Im doing So now you will just leave her hanging? she snaps. Nikki will understand it. Its for our own good then I close the topic.

After the conversation that we both share, Myka decided to talk to Nikki and explain everything while I decided to call my dad and told them that my plans change.

Dads phone is ringing. I check-in in at the hotel, waiting for my flight bound to Australia. I just wanted to think, I know that Nikki is now happy with Clint and I must be happy for her but Im not. Every time I think that they will be together again it kills me slowly. Hello? dad finally answers his phone. Nick, how are things doing there? Yeah, great dad, I said but I know that I was not convinced about my word. Is there a problem? then boom! I cant hide anything from dad, he always pinpoints all of my secrets and thing that can bother me.

Before I answer his question I take a deep breath. Yes, Im planning to go overseas What about Nikki? Who will teach her? I already talk to Myka's dad. Besides, I can rely on Myka and I know she will not disappoint me I sigh. And theres a minute of silence between the lines. Is this person that you want to discuss with the old man, son? I frown when my room in hotel door opens, and standing there is the old man; my father, my dad.

How long have you been here? I snap while ending the call between us. So long that you havent even noticed he smiles and hugs me. I close the door and let him sit on the couch. So, whats the problem between you and Nikki? he straightly got to the point. I love her then tears start running down my cheeks. I kind of notice She loves someone else dad, and its all because of me I just--- I just take her for granted So you want a drink? dad smirks. I just nod and smile.

While taking a drink of white wine dad looked at me and smile You know what son? Take your time on moving on but remember Nikki never gave up on you not until Clint comes back into her life I sigh and look out the window. N.Y.C's view is so fantastic. I just want to change my point of view, me being okay and can deal through the hardships. Dad, I just want to find myself. Take my time as youve said

Nick, youre smart enough to do your own thing. Do whatever you want to do, but never forgot to look back and smile at those heartbreaks. Maybe this time Nikki and you are not meant for each other, not just yet. But we dont know that at the end of the story, you and Nikki will live happily ever after Dammit dad, you just nailed it I laugh.

Im serious but yeah dad laughs. Ive been watching the two of you from the very beginning. When you were kids like in middle school, you keep on telling the people that you will never be a couple because friendship is always the choice but when you see each other again that perspective seems to change the dad continues.

I know, but its like a cycle dad. At that time, Nikki loves me but Im in a relationship with Myka. Now, I love her but shes in a relationship with Clint I mumble.

Well, son thats life. I better go now, take time to think he bids. Wait, when did you arrive here? I ask curiously. We have the same flight kiddo, and Ive been watching your every move because I know what happens back there. Nikki kisses Clint then dads gone.

That old man, but Im happy that we have a talk. My phone buzzes and its a message from dad. Its nice spending time with my boy
Dad

I smile and hit reply.
Thanks for the preaching dad
Nick

I dive onto the bed and wait for the time, Ill be leaving for Australia and I dont know how long Ill be there. Hows Nikki now? Is she okay, is she mad? I hope she will understand these things.