0

"Are you freaking kidding me?!" With a shocked tone she glanced at her best friend Nick.

He was a very nice guy; he's a 6ft tall stallion and had a tan skin, with a combination of bluish-greenish eyes; he's the Mr. Perfect of their batch and most girls liked to be with him except his best friend Nikki.

"You know I never kid" Nick answered with a low voice. "I'll be leaving soon, about a week or two." he stared at Nikki. She is the Ms. Perfect of their batch; her popularity is unbelievable, guys loved to be with her and girls wanted to be like her.

Nikki and Nick have been BFF's since the day they wore diapers. Coincidentally, they both have the same birthdate, they grew up in the same city and their families were really closed. They both are the biggest opposites, some would say they really were perfect for each other but they would just laugh about it. For them, they will never be more than best friends. They treat each other like siblings, Nikki and Nick were not attracted to one another which makes them comfortable. But the difference between other best friend relationships and theirs was; they sometimes don't want to hang out together.

"Why so sudden?" asked Nikki.

"Dad and Mum have planned to set another Branch of our Business in New York, and besides opportunities comes once in a lifetime that's why they grabbed it!" explained Nick.

"New York? It is like a thousand miles away. You are coming back, aren't you?" asked Nikki with a tone of doubt.

"Yes, but I don't know when, maybe five years or more." He responded. He didn't want to go, but for the sake of their business he had no choice. Family is still important.

"Well, It's alright even though you're there you would still communicate with me right...BFF?!" Nikki teased, nodging his arm.

"Ah! Let's see, maybe? I don't know" he teased . "Don't worry, you'll never be replaced and we still live here, we'll just stay there for a little while."

"I know! That's why I'm not worried." said Nikki. How could I be worried? We used to be live far apart even though we're best friends.

 How could I be worried? We used to be live far apart even though we're best friends

Two weeks after (Departure Time)

"Hey! Big head, try to write to me ok?!" teased by Nikki.

"You don't have a mailbox shorty!" Nick teased her back.

"Don't worry Nikki, we'll send you mails. I already talked to your Mum and she said it's alright!" said by Nick's mom.

"Don't sweat for it Tita!" answered Nikki.

The flight bound to New York is now on board, calling the passengers to get going...

"So this is it Nikki, no teardrops okay?!" smiled Nick as he glances at Nikki one last time.

"Who told you that I will drop a tear when you leave? Don't you know I'm strong and I can manage myself, big head!" smiled Nikki.

"Hey Tita, always remind Nikki to cut her nails, brush her teeth, wash her face and not burp!" called Nick to Nikki's mom.

"Don't worry Nick, I will." responded by Nikki's mom.

The flight bound to New York is now on board, calling the passengers to get going...

"Okay honey, we'll get going, see you in 10 years." bid Nick's dad. Waving goodbye

"Wait what?! 10 years after?! Tito?!" asked Nikki with a frowned face.

"I'm really not sure Nikki, but we'll give you an update, after all you're like our daughter." answered Nick's dad.

"See you then Nikki." bid Nick. Waving with a sad smile

He hugged and kissed her on her forehead, he also gave her the most precious pendant he ever had.

Nikki was still shocked knowing that her best friend will be gone for 10 years. What If they never see each other again? What if Nick finds a new best friend? What if? They were only 15 years old and when they see each other again, they will be in their 20's.

As Nikki watched the airplane fly, she just smiled and cried at the same time, she didn't know how that was possible. She didn't notice that she was crying until her mom and dad hugged her and wiped her tears.

***

The first three years were so fine with the communication between her and Nick, but when the fourth year came it suddenly changed. Nikki hadn't received any mails from Nick, she wondered why? Then told herself that maybe Nick was just too busy to write. She wrote to him but got no reply...