hold on until may

this story is dedicated to sowrongitseems because she is awesome and was the first person who figured out who Max was in scream to be heard

Chapter 5

What was I supposed to tell him? I couldn’t lie to him, he would see right through it. I couldn’t tell him the truth because it would devastate him.

“Ef please answer me” Jack begged. The look in his eyes was killing me.

“There was a lot of fighting between me and my mum” I started “One night it got so bad that she slapped me” He looked shocked. My mom hated violence.

“What the fuck did you do?” He asked.

Flashback

“Elizabeth what are you doing to yourself?” My mom sighed as I walked into the kitchen. This was the first time I left my room in a week. I got the same speech every time I would spend more then two days in my room.

“Mom please just drop it okay? I’m tired of hearing the same shit every time” I said grabbing a water bottle from the fridge

“I’m serious Elizabeth” She said more sternly “You’re hurting yourself by not eating”

“Okay first off , don’t call me Elizabeth it’s Effie or Ef. Second, I’m fine so stop worrying” I was about to walk away but she grabbed my arm.

Chapter 5 "I don't like your attitude towards this 'Ef'. You could seriously be killing your body" she said putting quote marks around my name. I just rolled my eyes. Same shit different day. "Mom my body is fine honestly stop with the I'm killing my body speech" I said back. "I'm only repeating it because I don't want to lose you. I've already lost a child. I don't need to lose another" I hated that she always used that shit against me. "Mum you're not the only one that lost Tom!" I shouted "You know what mum? I wish the guys never found me! I wish that I was like Tom and I had actually fucking killed myself because then I wouldn't have to deal with this bull shit every day!" I didn't even have a second to think before her hand smashed against my cheek. I took a step back and stared at her wide eyed. "Don't you ever say something like that to me ever again!" she shouted back at me "Get out of my sight" I just grabbed my water and ran up stairs to my room and slammed the door shut. Present "Please tell me that you don't think that now" jack begged "Now that I'm home I don't" I whispered and he sighed. "What else happened?" he asked looking worried. I just looked down. "Can we talk about this later?" I asked him and he nodded. "As long as you tell me the whole story" he said and we went back to eating. After we ate we watched the first home alone movie. I couldn't help but smile whenever Jack would say the lines. We both laughed when we quoted the parts from angles with filthy souls. After that he dragged me up to my room and we decided to talk on the roof. "Alright what else happened Ef?" Jack asked me. I guess I had to tell him what happened. My heart beat sped up and I felt like I couldn't breathe. "My mom let me go shopping with an old friend" I started "Everything was going great until..." I stopped and looked down. "Until what?" Jack asked worried. "Until" Flashback "Seriously Effie I'll set you up with one of my friends of you want to get your mind off of that Jack guy" Melanie said. I just shook my head. "I'm not going to cheat on him Mel" I almost snapped. I didnt want to cause a scene in the middle of the food court. "You wouldnt be cheating on him" She said "You'd just be talk to another guy" I rolled my eyes and grabbed my purse. "I'm going to be right back" I said standing up "Dont take forever" She mumbled. I just kept walking until I got to the bathroom. I ran into the closest stall and began to cry. I missed Jack like crazy. To even think about him hurt. I knew I was about to do something that i was going to regret. I grabbed my wallet from my bag and pulled out the shinny piece of metal \. "I love you Jack. I'm so sorry" I whispered before dragging the metal across my skin.