I miss you I'm so sorry

Jack POV

 Alex and I werent out of Effie's room for ten seconds before nurses and doctors ran in. My heart dropped and we both ran in after them. 

 "What's going on?" I shouted feeling tears streaming down my face. The doctor began doing CPR on Ef and one of the nurses walked up to us. 

 "I'm sorry but both of you need to leave" She said giving me an apologetic look. 

 "Fuck that what's happening to my fucking wife?" I shouted. 

 "Sir I will call security if I need to" She said in a stern voice. Alex grabbed my arm. 

 "Jack we'll wait outside" He said pulling me out of the room. He finally got me out of the room and almost immediately I was on the ground sobbing. Alex began pacing as he cried. This couldn't be fucking happening. I'm not the kind of guy that prayed often but now I couldn't stop praying. I prayed as if my life depended on it. Why did this have to be happening? Why couldn't it be me in Ef's place? 

The door opened and my head shot up. The nurse who sent us out of the room came out with a sad look on her face. The look on her face sent me into another set of sobs. The doctor followed her out of the room and walked over to Alex and I. 

 "Are you Elizabeth immediate family?" He asked. Did you not understand what we were when we were in there earlier fuck nut? I thought this all in my head of course. 

 "I'm her brother and he's her husband" Alex answered. I could tell that he was just as scared as I was. 

 "I have some bad news for you both" He started. I had stopped crying and held my breath. "She went into cardiac arrest in her sleep. We tried to bring her back and do everything we could to help her but," He paused and sighed "I'm sorry but she didn't make it" I froze. I couldn't move or cry or even breath. Alex stood there with tears running down his face. "You two can go in and say your goodbyes. If you have anyone else who you would like to be here to do the same I suggest calling them and telling them to get here before tomorrow" He patted Alex on the back before walking away.

 "Jack" I looked up and looked at his tears running down his face. "Come on" He said helping me up.  

We walked into the room and my beautiful wife was laying on the bed with her eyes closed. She looked so peaceful now that she wasn't in any pain. I sat next to her and Alex sat on the other side. We both took one of her hands and held onto it. 

 "At least she isn't in anymore pain" He said looking at me. I gave him a weak smile. 

 "She's probably in heaven with Tom jammin out to Blink" I said making him smile a bit. "Sing a song for me Ef and make it a good one" I said and kissed her hand. 

 "Tell Tom I said hi sis" Alex said before kissing her hand like i had done. 

 "Lex?" He looked up at me "Would you be okay with me taking her rings? I would put them back on for the- the viewing I just need something that reminds me of her" He gave me a small smile.

 "I'd rather you did that. I don't trust the people in here" He answered. I slid her wedding band and engagement ring off of her finger and held them gently on my palm. 

 "I will never forget the two days I gave her these rings. They had to be the best days of my life." I said weakly smiling down at them. 

 "I'm happy you were the one to marry her" I heard Alex whisper "When you two were dancing at your wedding you two were so happy and in love. Thank you for making her happy" He leaned over and patted my shoulder. 

 "What am I going to do without her Alex?" I whispered feeling the tears forming again. He looked me dead in the eye before answering. 

 "You're going to keep going. You're going to stay strong for her and you're going to keep on living" He answered. "Both of us will be doing the same thing and we will keep on living just for her"

 "I needed that Alex thank you" I stood up and hugged him. 

"How are we going to tell everyone?" I asked when we pulled apart.

 "I'll call Rian, Tay and my parents. I'll have Rian tell everyone else this way I only have to repeat myself two more times. You just have to call your mom" He said pulling out his phone. "I'll go call Ri and Tay so they can get here as soon as possible. I'll be right back" He left the room and I sat back down next to Effie. I took her hand in mine before calling my mom's house. 

 "Hello?" May answered. Fuck I was already crying.

 "Jack what's wrong?" She must have seen the caller ID. 

 "She's gone May" I cried. 

"What? Wait NO!" She screamed before broke down into sobs. 

 "May what's wrong?" I heard my mother say from the other line. 

 "J-jack" was all she got out before my mom took the phone from her. 

 "Jack what's wrong are you okay?" She asked panicking. 

 "Effie's gone mom" I cried. I heard my mom sigh. 

 "Jack I told you she wasn't going to be a good wife. I knew she would run as soon as she got the chance" I was horrified. My mom thought that Effie left me. 

"Mom Effie passed away a few minutes ago" the phone was silent on her end of the line. 

 "Jack?" It was may again. "I'll be there in a few minutes just sit there and try and stay calm" 

"Okay May I love you sis" I said and hung up. Alex came back into the room and gave me a worried look.

 "Did you call her?" He asked and I nodded 

"May was home so she answered and I told her. She was a wreck and then my mom took the phone from her and asked what was wrong. I told her the she was gone and she said well I told you that she wouldn't be a good wife and leave you. When I told her that she had passed she was silent. May is going to be here in a few minutes" He looked at me shocked. 

 "Rian and Cass will be here soon so that will get your mind off of that. Tay will be here in about an hour and my parents didn't answer so I think that they're on the plane" He said sitting down next to me. "We should probably get something to drink or eat just to keep us awake" 

"You go ahead I'm gonna sit here with her" I answered looking at Ef. 

 "I'll bring you some coffee or something" He said and patted my back before leaving. I sat there and started to feel more tears fall from my eyes again. The one woman I love is gone from my life. What was I going to do now? The only thing that could help me right now is for her to be in my arms. But that will never happen again. 

 Hey everyone it's me! Go ahead and tell me you hate me. This was really hard for me to write. I love you all and I hope you guys are okay with it. I love you all so comment and vote!Comment and tell me your favorite Jack and Effie moment! I wanna hear them!Love you all Rebecca <3