I met a girl who never looked so alone

I woke up in a room with an IV in my arm and another needle which was hooked up to a blood bag thing. I groaned and shut my eyes tightly.

"Hello sweetie" I heard a woman's voice say from the door. When I looked up she was in blue scrubs so I assumed that she was a nurse "Happy to be awake?" she asked. I sighed

"To be honest not really" I answered. She gave me a sympathetic smile.

"Whys that sweetie?" she asked.

"Because there are needles in my arms and my fiancé isn't here. Neither is my brother or my best friend and that makes me a little upset" I answered. I don't know why I was telling her this but at the moment I didn't care.

"Well there's actually a group of people in the waiting room. They were waiting for you to wake up so I came to check on you for them" she said.

"Is there a guy with a rose tattoo on his hand?" I asked doubting that she would even notice that but she nodded.

"Yeah he seemed really worried. There's also the man that rode with you in the ambulance. He seems really worried about you More than anyone else actually" a smile instantly rushed to my face. "I'll send them in then" I thanked her and she ran out to go get them.

Less than five minutes later Jack burst through the door. He instantly started crying when his eyes met mine. I held open my arms and he laid down next to me in my bed and cried into my shoulder.

"Thank you god for waking her up" he whispered through his tears. I pretended that I didn't hear him and just kissed the too of his head. I heard the door open again and Alex walked in the room with Tay behind him.

"Hey guys" I said. Tay moved so she was sitting next to me on the side of my bed. There was little space due to the fact that both Jack and I were laying on the bed but she still managed to find a spot.

"How are you feeling sweetie?" she said. I shrugged.

"the pressure is gone from my chest" I said rubbing jacks back to try and calm him down. When I looked back at Tay I noticed that her eyes were really red and puffy like she had been crying "I'll be fine okay?" I said giving her a small smile which she returned.

"I know you will" she whispered.

I noticed that Alex was sitting in the chair that was all the way in the corner. He was looking down at his hands in his lap. Jack was finally calmed down so I took this chance to talk to Alex privately.

"Can I talk to my brother alone please?" I asked both Tay and Jack. Jack reluctantly got up from the bed and followed Tay out of the room.

"Did the doctors say anything to you?" I asked. Alex nodded and walked over to me. "What's wrong with me?"

"They said that you had a panic attack but thats not the reason you passed out" he said. He looked down and I could see him trying to hide his pained face. "When was the last time you ate Ef?" I froze.

I thought back trying to remember. The last time a had any food in my system was when I stole a bite of Jacks sandwich. I remember trying not to run to the bathroom to throw it up because Tay was with me.

"When was the last time you had an actual meal?" he asked. I looked down at my hands in my lap.

"I can't remember" I whispered. He sighed and looked at the ceiling.

"Why aren't you eating Ef?" he asked me as he sit down next to me.

"I don't know okay?" I said a little annoyed "It made me feel better. To be honest it really isn't anyone's fucking business. It's not like anyone really gave a shit to even notice until tonight" he looked hurt

"I noticed okay!" he shouted "I noticed that you looked like you were sick all the time. I noticed that you were so fucking thin that you made Jack look fat when you stood next to him. I was trying to find the right time to talk to you about it. I didn't want to ruin your mood when Jack asked you to marry him. I was gonna talk to you about it before all of this happened but it looks like I'm doing that anyway"

"I'm sorry A" I whispered. Tears were falling down my face.

"Look Ef. You're surrounded by people who care about you and love you. We're here to help you through all of this. No matter what okay?" I nodded and he took my hand in his "When you get out of here Jack wants to take us all to the diner. He's clueless about this right now because I keep turning him away from the idea. So I suggest you start eating again if you don't want to tell him about this"

"I'll eat okay?" I whispered.

"Are you going to tell him about this?" He asked me. I nodded slowly.

"I will but not until later tonight when we're alone" I said. He nodded and moved closer to me.

"I love you Ef" he said and kissed my forehead.

"I love you too A" I whispered. Just then Jack came through the door.

"The doctor said that you could leave as soon as all of the blood is out of the bag and into your body" he said walking over to me. I tried to force a smile.

Tonight was not going to go well.

Here you go guys!

Tell me what you think please!

Love y'all

Rebecca <3