CHapter 4

Chapter 4

I woke up from my nap to see Alex standing by my window. He had a cigarette in his hand. He normally never smokes but when he's extremely stressed out.

"Hey why are you in here?" I asked "What's wrong?"

"Jack went home for a bit but he'll be back for dinner" he whispered

"Okay" I said and stood up "Whats wrong though? Why are you smoking?"

"He wasn't okay while you were gone Effie" he whispered before taking a long drag. He refused to look at me

"What are you talking about Alex? What happened?" I started to get worried

"I know you saw the scars" he almost shouted "That wasnt the only thing he did"

"What did he do?" I asked. I was starting to freak out even more.

"He came over for a party one night" he started "He got wasted and I didn't want him to drive so I brought him upstairs and drove Tay home. When I came home ten minutes later he was in the kitchen. He was crying and kept saying 'Tell Effie I tried and I love her but I can't do this anymore' then he started to throw up so I rushed him to the hospital thinking that he had alcohol poisoning but I didn't know about the pills" he stopped and took another drag still looking out the window.

"What do you mean pills?" I asked my voice cracked. I was about to break down.

"While I was gone he swallowed two bottles of aspirin. I had no idea until the doctor told me" he finally turned and looked at me "He wanted to die Ef" he barely said. Pure pain was in his eyes

"I can't listen to this anymore" I said and ran into my bathroom. I slid to the floor and put my head in my hands and just cried.

This couldn't be happening. It had to be a joke. Alex was just trying to fuck with my head as a joke. Jack didn't and doesnt want to die. But Alex was right about the scars on his arm. Maybe he is telling the truth. Did Jack really try to end his own life? No that's not my Jack. He wouldn't do that to me. He knows that I would be right behind him if he did. Right?

"Effie I'm sorry please open the door" I heard Alex beg from the other side of the door.

"Is it true?" I shouted back to him. There was silence "Is it?!" I shouted even louder.

"Yes" was all I heard before I started crying even harder. Why would he want that? What happened while I was gone? "She wont come out. Talk to her please" I heard Alex beg someone. I heard a small knock on the bathroom door

"Effie baby it's me Jack please open up" I wiped my eyes and slowly stood up. I opened the door and saw Jack standing in my room alone. He had on his purple boner shirt and a pair of grey skinnies. On top of his head was a grey beanie. He looked perfect. "Baby what's wrong?" he asked me his eyes full of worry.

"Alex told me" I whispered.

"Told you what?" he asked confused.

"That you wanted to die" I whispered before breaking down into another sob. His face went from worried to scared to hurt.

"Ef please just let me explain" he said his voice cracked breaking my heart a little. I hated seeing Jack upset.

"Yes please explain to me why my boyfriend wants to die" I almost shouted. I was trying to calm down but I was just so hurt.

"You didn't want to fucking see me anymore!" he shouted back instantly. That took me back.

"What are you talking about? I fucking love you!" I shouted "What made you think that I didn't want to see you?"