Part 6//Life As A Genin

Disclaimer: I had a dream I owned Naruto. I woke up and the realization that I didn't crushed me :( Then I turned to fanfiction :D

Naruto was grinning as he ran down the streets towards Training Ground Seventeen. Today was his first day of training. Today would also be the day of his first mission. The blonde truly felt like a shinobi and he was happy about it.

'This is it...this is where my journey to become Hokage truly begins dattebayo!' He mentally declared to himself as he left the houses of Konoha and was reaching the outer areas where the training grounds were.

It didn't take long for the Uzumaki to find the training grounds. The boy was cutting it close on time, however, which explained why his other two teammates and his sensei were already present.

"Last one here? I expected more from the future Hokage." Anko taunted the boy.

Naruto's eyes narrowed on her. "You be quiet Anko-Sensei! I'm on time dattebayo!"

"Lighten up boy. Just a joke! For a prankster, you take things too seriously." The woman laughed in response.

Naruto didn't say anything in response. He only slightly frowned as he made his way over to his two friends. He greeted both of them with a high five before he turned back to his sensei. It was at this time that Naruto noticed that the woman had a large, plain brown bag that she was carrying on her back.

"Well, we are all here, why not we just start now?" He asked.

"Eh...why not? We are only two minutes ahead of schedule anyway." The snake summoner shrugged before beginning her explanation. "Okay, just giving you all a heads up: this is how our daily schedules will work. We start each day with a warmup, which could take anywhere from twenty minutes to an hour, depending on my mood. After that, then I'll work on some group training work. This may include teamwork, chakra control, jutsus, weapons, etc. Really anything you all can be trained on as a team. Finally, after that, I'll make two shadow clones and then I, or my clones, will work directly one-on-one with each of you on specialized training. When that's all done, we will go to the Hokage's tower and see if there are any missions available. Is all of that understood?"

"Yes sensei!" All three genin replied.

"Alright, now, before the warmup and before I forget, take one of these!" Anko informed her students as she gave them each a slip of paper.

"And what are these for sensei?" Naruto asked as he stared at his paper.

"Well, Whiskers, these chakra papers are for finding out your natural element." She responded with a smirk.

Naruto's look of confusion morphed into one of excitement. Thanks to his last-minute paying attention to Iruka's lessons, he remembered the discussion on nature affinities. He knew exactly what they were and he was excited.

"Just a heads up, I won't really be teaching you brats nature manipulation just yet." Anko informed them. "But, I still want to do this for two reasons. For one, I can have it for a reference for later on. And two, when I start teaching you guys jutsu, I know what type of jutsus will be easier and more effective for you all to learn!"

The tokubetsu jonin pulls out her own chakra paper and applies her chakra into into. The paper immediately lights itself on fire and starts to burn.

"Whoa!" Naruto gasps, staring wide eyed at the fire.

"Pretty cool huh?" The purple haired woman asks as she crushes the paper in her hand, putting out the fire. "If it wasn't obvious, the burning and fire means I am a fire type. Naturally. But enough about me! This about you brats! Now...put some chakra into your papers and let's find out your affinities!"