Part 9//Dawn Of The Akatsuki

Disclaimer: I'll leave this one short and blunt: Kishimoto owns Naruto. I don't. Sadface :(

When morning came, all shinobi went to work gathering their belongings and preparing for their journey back. Both teams from Konoha and Iwa were about to make a long journey and they wanted to hurry on their way to make sure they got back home quickly.

About an hour had passed before both groups were ready to leave. Both sets of Shinobi and Yen were standing right in front of the Tenchi Bridge, ready to part ways.

Han and Anko took out the scrolls with the mission details and traded them, giving each other proof that they had met up. It would also function as proof that Konoha completed their part of the mission.

"I thank you all for your assistance in helping watch over Yen for the night." Han told the Konoha shinobi as he gave them a slight bow.

"It was no problem. Glad we could help out." Anko replied with a bow of her own. Her students did the same.

"Help? How? Not like we actually had a battle that required help." Risho scoffed.

The boy received an elbow and a glare from Kurotsuchi, which kept him quiet for the rest of the time.

"Anko-Sama, Naruto-Sama, Hinata-Sama, Shikamaru-Sama," Yen started to speak out, directing his speech to all the Konoha shinobi, "I would like to thank you all so very much for your protection. I would have most likely died by myself on the way here, and you all were such a joy to talk to. Thank you all so much for taking your time to guard me and I hope to see you all at some point in the future." The merchant than gave a polite bow to them.

"Don't sweat it Yen. We'll meet up again one day." Naruto said with a laugh. "For now, though, just get home safely."

"We'll make sure that happens!" Roto replied with a smirk.

"Ahem." Han cleared his throat. He seemed both bored and annoyed. "It is probably time we head back. It's a long way for both of us, so we should all start back."

"Right." Anko agreed. "Best of luck then on the road. Later!"

"Same to you!" Kurotsuchi replied for her team.

The groups proceeded to head their opposite ways. The Iwa team headed across the bridge on their way to Yen's home in Tsuchi no Kuni. Team Three of Konoha headed back the way they came back to their village.

Neither team were aware of the events that were about to happen.

The Iwa shinobi and Yen crossed the Tenchi bridge and continued walking down the path back to Tsuchi no Kuni. Not much conversation occurred between the group until a few minutes into the walk.

"So, I think I might actually miss those Konoha guys." Roto admitted to the group.

Kurotsuchi looked at the boy in surprise. Han, himself, rose an eyebrow in shock at the boy's words. Risho, in contrast, merely scoffed.

"I have no clue what the hell that has to do with anything, but really? I thought you'd be stoked like I am to get away from those wimps!" The sword-wielding boy mentioned.

"Well, I mean I still don't like Konoha at all, but they weren't that bad! The Hyuuga girl was quiet, but she was nice. And Naruto actually is someone that was kind of fun to talk to!" Roto stated, defending himself.

Kurotsuchi nodded, a smile on her face. "Agreed. They were all pretty nice. And I enjoyed talking to Shikamaru. It was nice to know that there is another shinobi my age that isn't a complete idiot."

"Hey!" Roto glared in response.

Yen chuckled in amusement as he listened in. One of the major issues he had with yesterday was all the tension and ill-feelings between the Konoha and Iwa shinobi. The merchant was happy to see that the harsh feelings seemed to have lessened, at least a little.