Part 19//Conclusion

Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto...I do own Naruto Clash of the Ninja. Both one and two for Gamecube. Not that I play them much though. If I was playing a GameCube game, it would most likely be Tales of Symphonia! :D ...to anyone reading this, go buy and play Tales of Symphonia. It'll change your life.

Author's Note: I aimed for an update in two weeks and got it done a little bit longer than one week! :) I'm pretty happy about that! I don't want to stall you all too much. Here are the next chapter and the conclusion of the preliminaries. Enjoy :)

Seconds passed before the screen finally stopped on two names. Everyone read the names intently to see who was fighting in the seventh match.

Temari vs. Kurotsuchi

"My turn, huh?" Kurotsuchi asked. A grin appeared on her face as she cracked her knuckles. "About time. I was starting to get bored of standing around and doing nothing."

"And what's wrong with doing nothing?" Shikamaru questioned.

"I hate doing nothing. I need to be something." She responded sharply.

The Iwa genin walked away from the group and headed towards the stairs, ready for her match.

"Kurotsuchi!" Shikamaru called out. The kunoichi stopped walking and turned around. The Nara gave her a wave. "Good luck out there."

Kurotsuchi responded by giving him a wave back and a smile. She then returned on her way to the stairs.

"She probably appreciated the sentiment, but I doubt my student needed the good luck." Han spoke up as he watched his student head down. "I believe she will walk away the victor."

Team Three turned to face the Iwa jōnin.

"You sure about that Han? Kurotsuchi's good, I know that, but we don't anything about the girl she's going to fight." Anko noted.

"Heh." The armor-wearing jinchūriki chuckled lightly before speaking. "To be frank, Anko-san, I'd be surprised if Kurotsuchi would lose a fight to anyone in this room."

Temari and Kurotsuchi stood across from each other. The two kunoichi were studying the other intently. A few seconds passed by before Temari smirked as she reached for her fan.

"I remember the information said about you at the first exam. You actually seem like a true shinobi: not one of those pathetic excuses that ruin the image of kunoichi." Temari stated. She pulled the fan off her back and gripped it tightly in her hands. "I'm not going to hold anything back and I hope you don't either. Let's show everyone here what two kunoichi can really do!"

Kurotsuchi returned Temari's smirk with one of her own as she dropped into a fighting position. "Fine with me. Come on; show me what you got!"

Hayate took this time to raise his hand. "Seventh match: begin!"

Temari and Kurotsuchi immediately jumped back, placing distance between each other. The two kunoichi moved around the arena as they tried to judge and study the other shinobi, waiting for one of them to make the first move.

Kurotsuchi decided to attack first. She pulled out three shuriken and threw them at Temari. The Suna kunoichi only smirked as she waved her fan in front of her. The shuriken were blown away.

'So she's a wind style specialist, huh? That means using weapons like shuriken from long-range will be a waste.' Kurotsuchi realized. 'I'll have to take this fight to close-range.'

The Iwa kunoichi charged forward. Temari raised her fan again and waved it.

"Ninja Art: Wind Scythe Jutsu!"