40

Five was glaring at his monstrosity of a brother. Luther felt a puddle of guilt form in his stomach. It grew and grew and made it's way up his chest and lungs, into his head. His skin had lost most of it's pigment as he paled. He didn't expect those words to leave her mouth. A small 13 year old girl had just ripped every thought that he had had about her and put in on display for the entire room to see and hear.

Klaus and Diego seemed to be on Five's side as they glared at him. Klaus seemed saddened but Diego looked mortified. Allison was clearly uncomfortable in the situation and wanted the subject to change, and fast.

"Ok, look, I'm sorry, but am I the only one that's skeptical here? I mean, how exactly do you know all of this about... what's his name?" As Allison was saying this, Five was wincing, looking down at his arm.
"Harold Jenkins. You know those lunatics in masks who attacked the house?"
"Oh yeah, I think I remember those guys..." Klaus breathed as he looked off into the distance, faintly remembering his kidnapping that happened around ten months prior... in his time.
"Yeah, the ones that attacked us while you were getting drunk," Diego said, giving Five a knowing look.

Five explained to him that he was correct and that they were sent by 'the Temps Commission' to stop him from getting back to prevent the apocalypse. Allison looked at Five almost as though he had just grown another head.
"The Temps what?" Five sighed in frustration.
"My former employer. Also, (Y/N)'s sort of... family. They monitor all of time and space to make sure that whatever is supposed to happen... happens. They believe the apocalypse is coming in three days. So I went to Commission headquarters and intercepted a message that was meant for said lunatics. 'Protect Harold Jenkins.' So he must be responsible for the apocalypse."

There was a brief moment of silence before everyone went off on one. They all started to ask questions and they didn't seem to care that this truly was a matter of life and death.
"Do you have any idea how insane this sounds?" Allison asked.
"You know what else is insane? I look like a 13-year-old boy. Klaus talks to the dead, (Y/N) can hear anything and everything at all times, and Luther thinks he's fooling everybody with that overcoat. Everything about us is insane. It always has been."
"He's go a point there," Said Klaus.
"We didn't choose this life, we're just living it. For the next three days, anyway."

Allison then pointed out that apparently they all died last time. She then asked why she shouldn't be able to go and see her own daughter.
"Because this time, I'm here. We have the name of the man responsible. And we have X. Guys, we actually have the chance of saving the lives of billions of people. Including Claire," Five looked at Diego and noticed him chewing on his lip with a saddened look perched upon his face, "and that Dani girl."

Allison looked at Five, shocked that he knew her daughter's name... so she questioned it, and his response was just as shocking.
"I do, and I'd like to live long enough to meet her."
"All right," Allison says, simply.
"You had me at Gerald Jenkins."
"Harold Jenkins," Five squinted at Diego.
"Whatever, I've already lost two people this week, I'm not losing another," Diego then started to leave the room. 
"And Luther?" Five looked to Luther, for once hoping that he'd help.
"Yeah, you guys go. I'm gonna stay behind and go through Dad's files. I still think this has something to do with why he sent me to the moon."
"Seriously? Now you wanna make the end of the world about you and dad?"
"No. 'Watch for threats.' That's what he told me. You think that's a coincidence? This all has to be connected somehow."

Everyone was looking at Luther as though he was crazy. Allison tried to explain that they should stick together but Five interrupted, telling them that they didn't have time. 
"Let's roll. I know where we can find this asshole. Klaus, you're with me," Diego said. However, Klaus refused. He stood up and explained, in a very slurred tone, that he felt under the weather and that he wanted to stay home. 

Klaus exited the room, as did Diego, Five, and Allison.
"Alright, you go get (Y/N) and we'll meet at my car," Diego explained. Five nodded and walked up the stairs, in the direction of his room, Diego and Allison heading out towards his car.

Five made his way towards his room, hoping to find (Y/N) in the bathroom. He could hear the show running and thought it best to just wait in his room. After a few moments, the shower ceased to make any noise and a little bit of time after that she walked into his room, fully clothed in a plaid shirt, buttoned up over a white tank top, and some black skinny jeans. She was wearing some converse again, they just weren't as beaten up as her old ones; you could actually see the red colour on these.

(Y/N) looked at Five, sat on the bed. She didn't really know what to say.

"Diego and Allison are waiting for us, in his car," Five said, quietly. She nodded in response.

Everything felt different now. 

"I have a question," Five spoke up a little bit louder this time, and he finally looked up to meet her eyes.
"Hm?" She hummed in response.
"Why were you given the name X? You had the name (Y/N), you always did, but everyone called you X. Why?" (Y/N) sighed and took a seat next to Five.
"Because they couldn't understand. Everyone, at birth, is given a name. Mine was (Y/N). But that was just a name. It had no meaning. To everyone around me, I was strange. I wasn't ordinary. I had knowledge beyond their reasoning. I could be anything. I could be everything. But could also be nothing. Calling me X was a way of representing that. Because, although everyone hates doing the work to figure out what I am, in order to get the answer... when you do," she paused, having trouble continuing.
"Everything finally makes sense," Five finished. He blinked a little bit. He looked down at his hands. Thoughts were settling in his mind.

He knew what (Y/N) was to him.

Everything, finally, made sense

A/N: I have a banging headache... also, who here watches the Eboys on YouTube? If you don't, I highly recommend it. Partly because I'll be doing a video about them soon.
Anyway, I hope that you enjoyed this chapter, have a good week, and I'll see you later. Bye!
-Hill