14

"How did you find Delores?"

The words echoed through Five's mind. Him and (Y/N) were walking down a path. An almost empty path. Only one or two pedestrians made their way past the two as they strolled down the concrete.

"What?"
"How did you find Delores... how did you 'meet' her as it were... granted you can't exactly meet a mannequin, hence my use of the verb find."
"Oh... well... don't you already know that?" He stopped and looked at her with a quizzical look smeared onto his face. She turned to look at him and analysed his face for a mere second.
"No. Something is different. Something is messing with the knowledge, I'm trying to make sure that my facts are correct."
"What do you mean that something is messing with your knowledge?" He continued walking, slightly ahead of her, with her legs being shorter, he kept ahead with ease.
"Exactly what I said... why do you keep asking me questions?" She sighed.
"I'm a curious person, I can't help myself, I guess. I want to know everything. I've always been smarter than my moronic siblings and I think it's best that it stay that way... not that that's very hard." He shrugged and looked at (Y/N) from the corner of his eye as she sped up a little bit to try and keep up with him.

"So? The Delores question?"
"Right well... I found her. After jumping too far into the future I was alone for a while. And then I found her. In all the mess and rubble, she was the only one left. And I couldn't have been happier when I found her." He looked down with a depressed look in his eye.
"Oh, Lord. You miss her don't you?" She accused. The comment ignited a flame within Five's chest. A flame that caused his boiling pot of anger to bubble over.
"Of course I do. She was the only woman who ever loved me! And I her! You may know everything but you seem to be clueless when it comes to emotions." And with that, he was gone. He jumped away.

It was dark around now and (Y/N) let out a shaky breath. She hadn't meant to offend Five. She just thought she had him figured out. In the past he had always said and done things that she predicted he was least likely to do. (Y/N) theorised that he would do that all the time so she decided to test her theory only to be sorely disappointed at the outcome.

What is wrong with you, X! We've already told you that you need to warm up to him! We never told you to fire him up!

"I swear to God Derek! I will fuck you up if you continue to piss me off with your little side comments!" She grumbled to thin air. Passers by looked at her as though she was crazy. And some may say that she was, indeed, crazy.

I don't think you will, considering I hold your life in the palm of my hand...

His sly comment just riled (Y/N) up even more. The anger building within her from the very pit in her stomach.
"I know you won't kill me. You wouldn't even think about it. Not just because I merely know it, but because I know for a fact that if you ever did such a thing, our boss would have your head mounted on a spear in her office." She smirked and started to walk in the direction of where she would find her target.

You're a brat y'know that right.

"Oh, trust me, Derek, I'm highly aware."

You get on my fuckin' nerves, X. I hope that Hazel and Cha Cha take you out, instead of Five, by accident.

And with that, she collapsed onto the ground with bolts of electricity coursing through her veins. Her throat burned as a scream ripped through her vocal chords. The pain caused her entire body to convulse.
"STOP!" She yelled through gritted teeth as tears began to prick at her now bloodshot (e/c) eyes.

Promise you'll be good?

She could practically see his crooked smile behind that twisted smile that was sending shivers down her spine.
"Yes! Just st-stop! Please!" She begged. Begged for mercy. She couldn't handle the pain for this long. She was used to pain but it never got any better.

Fine... but if you act up one more time, I'm gonna make sure you're out for at least an hour.

"Alright..." She took long yet shallow breaths. Her muscles quaked beneath her as she took what felt like her first steps, all over again.

"Now, time to pay the 'happy' couple a visit." She sniffed and began her journey filled with limping towards the department store.

And soon we shall find our assassins...

A/N: Honestly, I hate myself at this point. I understand if a lot of you have left at this point. I'm trying to get more character and relationship development in here before carrying o with the story. Next chapter will be longer, not only because of the fight scene but I'm hoping for some HUGE relationship development with Five and you. Same message as usual: Grammar, Suggestions, Any Other Comments! Other than that, have a good week... also I was listening to Istanbul while writing the last part. Ok that's all.
Have a good week, everyone!
-Hill