Chapter nineteen

A 7.8 earthquake hit Nazko, Canada. One of the worst earthquakes seen in recent history. Nazko wasn't a very populated region but there was still some serious damage done. Roads were upturned, trees uprooted, and buildings fell. Some humans were injured but none killed, thank god, an earthquake like that could have killed the small population, so it was truly a miracle nobody died. Still, they weren't in the clear yet as the threat of a possible tsunami loomed over the coast and right now the small population, as well as people who lived on the coastline were all currently being evacuated.

It gets worse though. On top of the earthquake, closely around the same time an oil rig in Alberta just... blew up. This one killing two workers and injuring several others. Nobody knows the cause of the blowup, but the clean up was going to be costly. Justin was just glad that the rig was in the ground and not the ocean when it happened. Still, an oil rig just up an exploding was never ever good, the environmentalists were going to have a field day with this one regardless of land or sea.

But, it gets worse. Quebec and Montreal broke out into riots. Riots that stormed into the streets with hundreds of thousands of people attacking one another. The reason? Justin didn't know. They just happened. In his five years in office, he's never seen riots just break out without a cause. Not even when Canada fled to France, at least then the riots were about Justin, but this. This was something Justin just couldn't explain.

The people went insane and started rioting, looting, setting fires, and injuring one another. No deaths, but several horrible injuries. The people were pissed off and if the people were pissed off that meant one thing. Canada himself was completely and utterly furious.

Another telltale sign that everything that's happened in the past twelve hours was in fact linked to Canada was the smaller 2.1 earthquake that just so happened to be located around this area. This earthquake was the first one to hit and told Justin everything he needed to know.

The agents positioned outside of Canada's house found him first. Apparently half of Canada's home just crumbled, a 2.1 earthquake couldn't have caused that damage, but Justin had no other explanation. So, back off to Canada's home he went. He expected to find ambulances, firetrucks, and policemen to be surrounding the home.

There were none.

Just a lone Canada sitting on the hood of his Pontiac while one agent stood on guard as the other one was currently dabbing some something on Canada's forehead with a cotton swab. Instantly Justin felt alarm bells go off. He put his car in park and got out.

The guard on duty approached him.

"If he's hurt then why wasn't an ambulance called?" Justin started in a whisper.

"His request."

Justin straightened his jacket and felt his brow furrow in slight anger at the situation. "Call an ambulance."

"It's not what he wants, sir."

"I'm the Prime Minister."

"He's literally Canada."

Justin snorted. "Call it, that's an order."

The agent almost seemed split before he just gave up with a shrug. While the agent walked off to call for an ambulance Justin walked over to Canada and the other agent, who was finishing up. Justin saw just what he was dabbing with the, now bloodied, cotton ball. Canada had a nasty gash that started front he crown of his forehead down to his left eyebrow.

Justin honest to god gasped at the sight. "Mon Dieu!" Justin tilted Canada's head to get a better look at the cut. It was still bleeding, lightly but still bleeding nonetheless. It needed a bandage. "What happened?!"