"Greetings!" (Chapter 1)

I walk back to the village so I can rest.  I order some soba and I wait for the crow to give me my next mission. I see a few people walk by and watch them order food. I saw the uniform and decided to talk to them.

"Hello!" I smile "I am (Y/N)!" 

The black-haired boy smiled at me.

"Hi, I am Tanjiro! I am a-" A blue-haired boy cut him off.

"You look strong, fight me!" He yelled.  He spits in my face a little but I cleaned it off. The three bickers until the box on Tanjiro's back open. I tilt my head and see a girl.

The blond sees Nezuko and waddles to her. I block him off.

  "You're getting too close..." Tanjiro agrees but the blond still tried to grab Nezuko. Tanjiro headbutted him and he passed out.

"Hey who is carrying him?" I said. Tanjiro sighed and stuffed him in the box. It was nighttime so she could walk right now. I noticed she was a demon by her scent.

The crow finally appears "New mission! New Mission! Head up the mountains! Head up the mountains!"

Tanjiro started to walk away.

"Hey! Can I join you?" I asked. He nodded and Me, Tanjiro, Inosuke, and Nezuko starts walking to our next mission. It was silent until I started to talk.

"May I ask you something Tanjiro-San?" Tanjiro nods

"Why are you traveling with a demon?" I tried not to be rude. Tanjiro frowns but soon goes back to smiling.

"I went to sell charcoal in a nearby village. I spent the night with an old friend and when I got home, I found my family murdered. Nezuko was the only one that was warm." He gives Nezuko head pats.

"Oh... Then she turned into a demon?" I looked at Nezuko and remembers something.

"Hey, Nezuko come here!" I pull out a black mask as Nezuko ran to me. I gently untie the string to her bamboo muzzle, slightly blushing cause of being so close to her. After I get it off she looked around.

"Hey that isn't a good idea," Tanjiro said worriedly

"It's fine!" I put the mask on her and smiles "Is that more comfortable?"

"Y-Yes it is," Nezuko said softly. Her voice was so gentle and sweet I blushed a little.

Tanjiro smiles and hugs me "Thank you!"

"No problem!" I hug back.

"T-Thank you (Y/N)" Nezuko messes with the mask

I face her "No problem"

Tanjiro starts walking again as I and Nezuko follow.

Word count: 437

(This was my first story so I hope you like it!)