Dear Kayaba- Chapter 9

"Immortal Object" Asuna questioned "wh-what's going on, commander?"

~~~

"This man is protected by the system so his HP will never fall into the yellow zone" Kirito spoke as everyone looked confused "something has always bothered me, ever since I arrived here. 'Where is he hiding while he watches us and regulated the world?' But I forgot a simple piece of psychology. Something any kid knows. There's nothing as boring as watching someone else play an RPG. Isn't that right, Akihiko Kayaba?"

Everyone gasped at the revelation of the news as I looked at him worried and Kirito kept on making eye contact with me. His eyes didn't show hatred towards me like they did with Akihiko, but worry.

What do I do? Kirito what have you done...

"Just for my reference, will you tell me how you figured it out" Akihiko responded nonchalantly.

"The first time I thought something was wrong during the duel. In that last instant, you were way too fast" he explained.

"I suspected as much. That was an unfortunate mistake" he agreed "you overpowered me to the point I needed to engage the system's over-assist mode... Yes, I am Akihiko Kayaba. And if I may add, I'm the game's final boss, who would've awaited you with my daughter at the top floor."

Suddenly I was pulled to him by an invisible force as I struggled to break free.

"ALCEA" Kirito shouted out, but was held back by Asuna.

"S-Stop this Akihiko" I yelled frightened as I fell on my knees.

Don't force me! I'll still obey just don't control me with the system it hurts.

"You know I always thought that you'd be the one to stand before me at the end, Kirito" he said as I couldn't move.

I'm being held against my own will... no not again. I can't breathe. Everything feels like it's closing in on me.

"Dual-wielding is the skill given to the player with the fastest reaction time, and he was to be the hero who opposes the demon king. But your power exceeded my expectations. Well, those unexpected events are what make an MMORPG so thrilling..." he said.

"Our loyalty... our hope" one of the members of papas guild cried "How dare you... How dare you? How dare you!"

Without even thinking I appeared in front of him and used the rod of my spear to hit him far back sending him flying to the ground.

"NO" I screamed "I didn't mean to! I swear!"

"Sorry Alcea" Heathcliff said softly "I have to control you for a bit."

"Controlling your own daughter" Agil yelled "you're the worst!"

"Agil stand back" I yelled "I don't want him to hurt you!"

Heathcliff then clicked down his menu as everyone suddenly fell to the ground becoming paralyzed.

"What are you going to do" Kirito asked "kill us all and cover it up?"

"Of course not. I would never be as unreasonable as that. I no longer have a choice... Alcea and I shall await you all on the top floor, within the Ruby Palace. I'm sure that with your power, you'll reach me eventually, especially if you want to reclaim your wife" he said softly "... but before that, Kirito, I must reward you for discerning my identity. I shall give you a chance."

"A chance" he asked as I knew this would be a trap.

"Kirito, no! Don't listen to him" I yelled, but then Heathcliff pressed a button in the menu and I suddenly lost all control over my body as I walked next to him.