Dear World- Chapter 10

Pic @ top:
Left Arata. Middle Mint. Right Sora.

|Kirito POV|

I woke up in an empty room and slowly lifted my hand up to make sure I was really here. I felt the nerve gear on my head and tried processing what was going on, but then she appeared.

Alcea Rosea.

I could feel my eyes water at the thought of her. I need to find her...

I got up, but lost my balance so I used the monitor to hold me up as I took a step forward and then another.

"Alcea" I called as I walked out of my hospital room with the intent of returning back to her side.

|Alcea POV|

I slowly lifted my heavy eyes as I looked around the unfamiliar room I was in.

This isn't the hospital nor the lab. I don't see Rinko. Where am I?! Kirito!

|Kirito POV|

"I've become such a crybaby Alcea" I whispered feeling tears trail down my face after I woke up from a nightmare.

Even in my dreams, you're still in them.

I had a fight with Sugu before I left to go see her. It's been two months since we defeated Heathcliff and the game. As soon as I woke up, in exchange for the information on SAO, I asked an official of the Internal Affairs Ministry's SAO task force for Alcea's location. What I learned was that she was placed in Tokorozawa General Hospital in Saitama. And that approximately 300 players, including Alcea, had yet to wake up. The public is clamoring that the mission Akihiko Kayaba's conspiracy is still in play. The SAO incident still isn't over.

I walked in her reserved room staring at her laying body still trapped in a coma.

Alcea...

"Oh, you're still here, Kirigaya. Thank you for visiting so often" a voice from behind me spoke.

"Hello. Sorry to bother you, Ms. Koujiro" I responded with a bow as she held her hand up.

"No, you can come whenever you like. I'm sure it makes her happy" she sighed softly sitting down on a chair on Alcea's right side "from what Akihito told me she truly loved you."

Once I found out about Alcea's location I met Rinko Koujiro, Akihiko Kayaba's lover and also guardian to Alcea. Kayaba was somehow able to let her access all of the memory of SAO while she was trying to hack into the system. So she knows who I am and the hardships Alcea and I went through. She hasn't told me anything about Alcea's stolen memories, but she is very kind and welcoming. She's waiting until she wakes up in order to tell me, if she wants me to know.

"President" another voice spoke behind us.

"Oh you've never met, have you. This is a laboratory chief for Alfheim, Sugou" she introduced her mood suddenly shifting.

She gets like that with workers. Serious and emotionless.

"I'm Nobuyuki Sugou. Nice to meet you" he told me.

"I'm Kazuto Kirigaya" I responded.

"I'm sorry to cut our conversation short, but I have a meeting. We can continue this another time. Kirigaya, I'll see you again" Rinko said as she packed her stuff "Sugou, hurry up."

"Yes.. I'll be out in a second. I want to pay my condolences" he said as she left first eyeing him suspiciously.

"Is it true that within the game, you were living with Alcea" he asked me as he got too close to Alcea.