Dear Ex-Beta Tester- Chapter 3

"Something happened to them didn't it" Agil asked as I nodded lifelessly on the ground with my umbrella in one hand.

"Arata, Sora, and... Mint" I said softly "they're gone, it's all my fault. I couldn't save them. I let them die... they're all gone. I'm alone. I have no one—nothing."

"You have me" he said softly as I looked up to him reaching out his hand for me "Mint would've wanted me to take care of you. She wouldn't want to see you like this."

~~~

|October 20, 2023 Floor 48|

A bright light shined down on my face which made me wake up. I could feel a wet substance at the corners of my eyes as I winced at how bright the sun was, but sat up anyway. I turned to look over to see Mint's resting body then in the other bed Arata and Sora were smiling, but then when I blinked they were gone.

They're gone, Alcea... but I miss them all so much. I can't let them go.

Agil had previously saved Kirito and I on the first floor boss fight and Mint once dragged me along to secretly help donate to low leveled players in order to level up and somehow we ended up meeting him. He was a close friend to Mint so when he found me in the streets in the middle of the night he took me in.

Rumors about their deaths spread like wild fire. I still haven't gotten over it. Fortunately, Agil helped me while the wound was still fresh and Heathcliff has let me take time off to collect myself. I worked in his bar to keep me busy.

"I have to go pick up something from HQ" I called once I finished making Agil breakfast and he sat down on the table "I'll be back as soon as I get it!"

I'm always up before him and cook his meals.

"Alright come back in one piece" Agil called back as he finished setting up the chairs.

I took a different route that I have been taking since word spread around the area that for the past ten days a player has been begging for someone's help. From morning till night he's always there asking players who look strong and have grown a reputation.

I don't even know why I'm going... it's not my business and it won't benefit me at all, but...

I purposely walked past the player who the rumors perfectly described and he caught a hold of my arm, but immediately let go as he bowed down on the floor.

"Please! I beg of you White Reaper-sama" he said using the nickname the players made up for me "help me avenge my party."

"Get up" I whispered as he looked at me like all hope was lost "we can talk about it over some coffee, I'm hungry."

His tired eyes lit up as his skinny body smiled happily, but then another player approached beside me.

"Count me in" his familiar voice spoke as I looked up at him surprised.

You... I haven't seen him in a while... he never used the Trump Card since then...

The black haired player standing next to me sent me a ghost like smile as I turned my attention back to the man and walked on ahead to a tavern.

Apparently he didn't want the players responsible for his party's death killed, but to be sent to prison. But why wouldn't he want them killed was my question? They killed those closest to him... I don't get it.

A plan was made which I would appear towards the end as I worked in the shadows. Right now, he's apparently meeting a girl to friend her which would be the key to getting close to the guild that kills for money. Meanwhile, I entered HQ of Knights of the Blood Oath and was immediately greeted by Heathcliff.