Dear Morning Dew- Chapter 7

|November 1, 2023 Floor 48|

Agil greeted us quickly, but immediately hovered over us noticing the bad state we were in. Kirito wouldn't let go of my hand as I pulled him along exhausted.

I don't want him to let go either...

"What happened to you? It looks like you two were fighting for your lives a minute ago" he sighed.

We were... we barely came out alive. I thought I almost lost him.

I laughed nervously at his comment as Kirito tightened his hold on my hand.

I don't want to lose him.

"Huh" he said and looked down "oh..."

"Agil is it all right if Kirito stays with us tonight" I asked as he looked at me as if he saw a ghost.

Please let him stay with me.

"...y-yea" he said as I saw his soul leaving his body while I walked upstairs and he mumbled "s-she's too young, my little innocent Alcea..."

He can't always stay with me though. We both fight on the front lines and in different groups.

He went into the restroom to change into his pajamas, all black as usual.

Something like today could happen again, but with someone else. I won't be there to protect him. I can't always be there by his side.

I went in after him to change into my simple loose white crop top and white shorts, in all white as usual. I stood close to the restroom door not ready to turn the knob and go out yet.

I can't lose him like the others. I don't want to. I want to be by his side and clear this game with him! But-

"Kirito... Do you think it would be okay if we left the front lines for a bit together" I asked softly going to lay down on the bed leaving room for him as he sat down next to my legs.

I said it without thinking... he's going to think I'm stupid for asking that.

"Yeah, I was actually thinking that" he said softly "in the southwest part of the floor 22, there's a small village surrounded by forests and lakes. Let's move there together. And..."

Move in together? Kirito and I...

|Kirito POV|

"And" she asked confused why I was taking a while to finish.

...

Flashback to earlier this week

I had messaged Alcea if she could send a guard to take the murderer to prision. Asuna and I just solved the mystery that was all just an act. It was a murder that's impossible to reach in the game.

I wonder if Alcea is proud that I solved the case...

"Hey..." Asuna called getting back my attention "if it were you... let's say that after you married someone, you discovered she had a side that you didn't know about... what would you think?"

I was taken aback by her question a bit, but I already knew my answer.

Besides I feel like it's true. Any sort of relationship with Alcea... I feel like I could find out something new about her everyday.