• five •

"no. jeonghan you can't." jeonghan's mother objected and jeonghan just sighed.

"mom, he needs to know. i can't keep lying to him." jeonghan said and she just dropped her head.

"i won't let you." she said firmly and jeonghan felt his eyes gloss over.

"mom-"

"what if he gets hurt? what if he runs away?" jeonghan's mom said trying to scare him out of it.

"I CAN'T KEEP LYING TO HIM!" jeonghan shouted and she sighed.

"if you tell him you will have to leave him." jeonghan's mom said and jeonghan looked away from her and laid down.

"please leave." jeonghan said and she got up and left the room.

jeonghan had been in bed most of the week. he didn't want to get up and his mom was trying to taking care of him. she'd bring him up some blood bags ever so often but they never got empty. he wasn't eating. jeonghan's mom knew why he was acting like this but she was scared. she was scared that jeonghan would lose seungcheol like she lost jeonghan's dad.

one night she sat down on the edge of his bed and he didn't even acknowledge her. jeonghan's mother had never really told jeonghan what happened to his dad. she told him that he ran away once jeonghan was born because the truth would've hurt more.

"jeonghan, i need to tell you something." she said and jeonghan stayed silent.

"your dad didn't run away when you were born," she started and jeonghan glanced over to her.

"he loved you and me with his whole heart even though we were different. he went out one night to get some diapers because we were low and he never came back. your aunt and i searched for days until i found his dead body in a ditch. he had been murdered by the vampire council because he fell in love with me and had a baby with me." she explained and jeonghan had sat up to face her and watched with fear.

"i was being so harsh when you said you wanted to tell seungcheol because i don't want him to end up like dad." she finished and jeonghan pulled her into a hug.

"m-mom i'm sorry." jeonghan said and she just held him in her arms.

"don't be sorry, i have you and everyday you remind me of him." she said as she stroked his back.

"should we invite seungcheol over?"

"can i eat first?"

"heh, of course."

• author's notes •

man fuck the vampire council but they will be making a return in the future chapters (unless i forget bc im dumb) also like how do we feel about an ice skating au?? not like this specific ship but like ive just been in the mood for once recently they're so beautiful

idk what ship id do so if you have any ideas don't hesitate to comment them 😎 anyway i hope you enjoyed the chapter even tho it's a lil short (hehe sorry) <3

-lilly