Chapter nine: The new blader

HEADS-UP- thank you, Shu_kurenaiUwU for giving me the idea for our *new* character!

*cough* foreshadowing *cough*

All had been mellow since the truce. Shu and Lui were slowly starting to get accustomed to living with each other. Shu even started reminding Lui to feed Ripper, and Lui reminding Shu to get some sleep. All in all, they were more considerate towards one another. 

"Did you hear? There's a new blader in town, and apparently he's targeting the two of us. He already beat Free." Lui said one night. 

"Really? What's his name?" Shu asked curiously.

"Akuma Yami, but they're calling him the 'black deity.'"

"Doesn't that mean 'devil darkness'?" Shu was alarmed.

"Yeah. Weird name."

Shu moved his gaze to the TV screen, where a boy slightly younger than them with greasy, jet-black hair and tanned skin, was holding out his bey and saying something in Portuguese. Shu and Lui only caught their names in the rant.

"What's he saying?"

Shu shrugged. "Not sure, but obviously something meant to be intimidating."

"It's not intimidating if we don't even know what the hell he's saying."

Shu rolled his eyes and grabbed the remote from his brother, turning on the subtitles. 

Both boys read the Japanese translation and looked at each other in horror.

"That was a lot of curse words," Shu said, even more alarmed.

"Okay, so we have a foul-mouthed kid who speaks Portuguese and is apparently a good blader and wants to beat us. What could go wrong?" Lui said sarcastically. 

"What's his bey called?"

"Hell Hydrax."

Shu bit his lip. He would need to keep training if this kid was really as good as he said he was. Beating Free De La Hoya was no easy feat. What if he lost? Shu started to sweat and clenched his teeth. 

"I know what you're thinking, Shu. Don't stress. You're the third-ranked blader in the world for a reason."

The albino looked back at his brother, who was offering one of his rare smiles.

Shu grinned back, and said, "Yeah. I'm freaking out too much. Beating Free was probably just a fluke."

"Yeah, like when Aiger battled me," Lui replied.

"You sure that was a fluke?" Shu asked, amused.

"Yes. Now shut up." Lui stood from his place on the couch and went to the kitchen, ruffling Shu's hair as he walked past.

Shu smiled at the small yet affectionate gesture. Having a brother was nice, he resolved. Even if said brother was Lui Shirosagi. 

NEXT DAY:

Shu was walking down the street to buy groceries- when he saw a black and blue blur rush past him.

"Huh...?"

Whoever was running, he or she was obviously in a hurry.

Then the mysterious person turned back and ran up to Shu.

"Ah, there you are. Shu Kurenai."

It was the Black Deity himself.

Akuma Yami.

He was about Rantaro's height, had rich, tanned, skin, oily black hair tied in a ponytail, and wore a strange-looking outfit- a suit-like shirt with a pair of blue jeans and knee-length galoshes.

To be honest, he looked like he hadn't put any consideration into his clothing choices. 

Shu looked him up and down. He didn't seem like a blader. More like a mental case.

Akuma threw his head back and laughed maniacally.

Yep, definitely a mental case, Shu thought to himself. 

"I'll beat you one day, Kurenai. Just you wait and see." his voice still had a child-like tinge to it. 

"Okay, kid. Now, can you move, please?"

"Ha. You probably underestimate me."

"I actually don't. I just really need to buy food, and you're blocking my way."

"Oh." Clearly, no one had spoken to him like this before. "Okay." Akuma moved over and let Shu pass. 

"Thanks," Shu said. "I hope we can battle sometime."

And that's how Shu Kurenai met Akuma Yami. 

Lui was also walking down the street. Ripper was hungry and they were out of snake food. 

Then a boy with a black-haired ponytail walked up to him and blocked his way. 

"What the hell?" Lui said audibly. 

"Hmph. Lui Shirosagi." Akuma said in his childish voice.  

 "Shit, bro, you know my name. How amazing." Lui wasn't in the mood to deal with an annoying kid. 

Akuma laughed again. "I suppose you want me to move?"

"Wow. You read my mind," Lui said and shoved past him.

Weird-ass kid, he thought to himself as he continued walking.

Both brothers brushed the thought of Akuma off their minds and continued with their daily routines.

But little did they know that the new blader, Akuma Yami, was much more than what meets the eye. 

A/N: And... the villain has arrived! I wasn't gonna use Arthur Peregrine, the antagonist in Rise, because then this would have to align to the story plot of season five and that would be annoying, so I made up this new dude. Once again, thanks to Shu_kurenaiUwU for giving me the idea for his name. As usual, comment your feedback and thoughts and random crap because I like reading them.

See ya!