Chapter four: Getting along?

Edit 4-29-21: OMFG SOMEONE MADE ART FOR THE END OF THIS CHAPTER I'M SO GRATEFUL FOR YOU THANK YOU SO MUCH IT'S AT THE TOP UP THERE THANK YOU SO MUCH @ZenNX_21

"GAH! SHIT! CRAP! HOLY #$%%^&*(*&^%$@ !!"

Yeah...not a good wake-up call.

Lui fell out of his bed at the loud outburst.

"WHAT DO YOU WANT IT'S FREAKING 5 AM," Lui yelled in the general direction of the noise. 

"YOU SON OF A- WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU LEAVE YOUR BEY ON THE FLOOR??!! I JUST STEPPED ON IT!!" Shu yelled back. 

"OH, THAT'S WHERE LUINOR WENT. I WAS LOOKING FOR IT," Lui shouted. 

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! LISTEN, HERE, YOU LITTLE SHI-"

And that's a day in the life of Shu Kurenai and Lui Shirosagi, brothers. 

Around 7 AM, they had both calmed down a little. Shu's bleeding foot had been wrapped in a bandage, and the crack in the floor from Lui's fall had been swept under the rug. Literally. 

As Shu limped to the fridge, he glared daggers at Lui, who tried not to burst out laughing. 

"Why would you actually step on a bey? God, you're an idiot."

"It was your bey! It's freaking sharp you know," Shu retaliated. 

"Still."

"Shut up."

They heard the door unlock, and the dreaded couple came in. 

Hiroshi Kurenai and Aiko Shirosagi-Kurenai, Shu and Lui's parents. 

"Hey, boys! Our wedding planning is done, except for one thing. You two need tuxedos." Aiko was enthusiastic. 

Shu and Lui were not. 

"No." They said in unison. 

"Yes. Listen to your mother," Hiroshi said.

Lui swore that he distinctly heard Shu grumble "she's not my mother" under his breath.

Three hours later, Shu and Lui looked like someone had stuffed them in a washing machine and set it on full speed. Aiko, however, looked like she had just returned from the spa. In her hands were about fifty different bags. 

"I didn't know which ones looked the best, so I bought all of them!" 

"Boys, is this true?" Hiroshi looked a little taken aback that his fiancé had almost drained his bank account in one day. 

Shu and Lui simply groaned in response. 

Later that night, after Aiko demanded she and Hiroshi would have dinner together, Shu and Lui...

Just sat there. 

They were so overwhelmed from the shopping spree that they could barely walk, let alone get up and cook food. 

"Wanna just order takeout?" Shu asked wearily. 

"With what money?"

"You seriously don't think the wbba pays me?"

"Um, you're fifteen. You don't get paid."

"Well, I do."

"Oh."

"What do you want to eat?"

Lui just shrugged and made an "IDK" sound.

"Fine, I'll get sushi."

As they were eating in silence, Shu (in a desperate attempt to break the ice) said, "What's your favorite movie?"

"Don't laugh."

"Okay, I won't."

"Jaws."

Shu burst out laughing. 

Lui groaned. 

"I told you not to laugh."

"Yeah, but- *laugh* you're a *pfft-* you're a SHARK and *laugh* you're favorite movie is *laugh* JAWS?! *inhuman noise*"

"I'm not a shark! Who even came up with that bullcrap?"

"You look like a shark, idiot," Shu said through laughs.

"No, I don't."

"Yes, you do."

Lui just grumbled something in French under his breath.

"Wanna watch Jaws? It's on Beyflix."

A/N: I don't know. I ran out of ideas.

"Fine."

"You don't seem very enthusiastic."

"I'm never enthusiastic."

"Fair enough."

Shu turned the TV on and played the movie. 

The bladers sat on opposite sides of the couch. 

Duh......DUN......duh.....DUN....duhDUNduhDUNduhDUNduhDUN

The Jaws theme played, scaring the living shit out of Shu. 

"Crap, I forgot how horrifying this movie was."

"Shut up."

"Jeez."

As the movie ended and the shark died, neither of the boys noticed that they had scooted much closer together. They were barely an inch apart. 

Lui looked over at his brother, and his eyes widened as he resisted the temptation to laugh. 

Shu was fast asleep, hugging his bey like a teddy bear, softly snoring. 

Lui gently moved a lock of Shu's hair out of his face, flinching when he saw the scar on his eye. 

At that moment, he had never regretted anything more. 

"I'm sorry," he whispered softly. 

He got up to go to bed but felt a tug on his finger. Shu had grabbed it like a little kid and was now hugging Lui's arm to his chest. 

Lui tried to shake free, but Shu's grip was like a steel brace. He sat back down.

Within ten minutes, he had fallen asleep. 

A/N: FYI, Lui and Shu are around the same age, 15, but since Lui's birthday is in December of the year before, and Shu's birthday is in September of the year after, they're almost a year apart. About 9 months, to be exact.