Chapter Nineteen

Chris~

I look over to the passenger seat and I see Rey is sound asleep. Her phone is connected to the speakers and its softly playing Seven Devils by Florence + the Machine.

She has her left hand on her stomach and her other arm under her chin. I hear her soft snores and I smile. I look in the review mirror and see Rick. He looks distracted. I roll my eyes and turn my attention back to the road.

I drive for three hours with nothing but the noise of the music keeping me company. During those hours I think about what my new role I will have in this world. I mean, I'm gonna be a dad! That is huge! I'm gonna not only have a whole pack to look after but also a baby. I'm surprised. I didn't plan to be a dad. But I'm not the guy to knock up a girl and dash. Plus she's my mate.

I sigh and I notice I'm running low on gas, so I get off on the nearest exit and spot a Chevron Gas Station. Once I cut the engine Rey wakes up. She stretches and looks at me.

“Hi, sorry for falling asleep.” she says as she smiles embarrassedly.

“Don't worry about it." I tell her as I get out the truck. She does as well and comes stands next to me. I swipe my credit card, insert the nozzle into the gas tank and let it run.

I lean against the truck and Rey leans on me, front to front. I rest my arms around her waist. She looks up at me and smiles.

“You know, I do have to say your a pretty wonderful boyfriend. Well mate." She giggles as she says the last word. I look at her with a goofy look. “Sorry its just so weird to know that me and you, that we are meant for each other. I always wanted my prince charming since I was little. And I guess in a way I have." She says as she looks down so she's looking at my chest. She begins to draw circles on my chest as she continues to talk. “I just never though in a million years that my prince charming would also be a werewolf. But not just any run of the mill wolf but Alpha! Who would have guessed it? And now I find out I'm not me." She says sadly. “I mean I'm me but then I'm not. I don't even know me! How can someone not know themselves-" she rambles on and I see she's scared. I grab her chin and make her look up to me.

“Rey stop it. You are you. Your the same person. The only thing that's different is that your finding out more amazing things about you. And I'm going to help you. Because Rey, babe we are in this together and I'm not going to leave you alone. I'm going to be there every step of the way. Rather you want me or not. Because now Rey not only is there me and you, but now there is me, you and the baby. So stop worrying. Kay?" I ask her as I bring our lips together and kiss her softly. When I pull back she softly says okay and smiles at me.

Rey~

I convince Chris to let me drive for the rest of the way and he agrees since we have only two more hours to go. He puts the GPS on and tells me to follow it. As I'm driving Chris decides to lay down. The cab of the truck is very long, but Chris is longer. So with that being said he lays his head on my lap. I have my music softly playing Battle Cry by Imagine Dragons in the background. I begin to sign along...
Stars are only visible in darkness,
Fear is ever changing and evolving,
And I have been poisoned inside,
But I, feel so alive....