Chapter Thirty-Six

Rey~

"Christopher, do you think Robertó is lying?" I ask Chris as I look out the window. The four suburbans are surrounding. Kinda like barriers.
"I don't know." He says softly.
What he's actually saying is no.
My wolf says. Its weird having her speak. She is very nosey. I don't like it.
I don't have anything better to do.
She says harshly.
"For the love of god! Shut up!" I say out loud and Chris chuckles.
"Babe try to not talk out loud to your wolf, people will think your crazy." He says. I just nod not wanting to speak.
I see Chris is squinting his eyes. What's wrong with him.
Nothing he's just talking to the Beta, or aka Mike.
Hmmm, didn't know he could do that.
He does it all the time Rey, if you want I can tell you what their saying. She offers.
No I don't want to be intruding into his conversations.
Just cause you won't doesn't mean I won't. And with that she leaves me alone.
I feel a small kick and I place my hand over my stomach.
"We're okay baby, we have a lot of protectors." Just as I say that the suburban behind us slams on its brakes. Something makes it lurch forward softly hitting us. It wasn't a hard hit but it was enough for the belts to tighten on us.
"Damn it!" Christopher says as he puts an arm over my stomach making sure I don't hit the front. "Rey scoot the seat all the way back and all the way down. As far is it can go do it now!" He says demanding. I nod my head and fidget with the buttons doing as he said.
A I finish the suburban to our left gets hit and it slams against the truck.
"Fuck!" Christopher says loudly. "Move the fuck out my way!" He yells at the sub in front of us. He honks and the sub moves.
Right when it moves Christopher speeds off. Two of the suburbans right behind us.
"Christopher..." I say as I feel the babies turn.
"I know Rey, I know." He says and I decide to stay quite as he hits 95mph.
I try to see around but everything is blurry. I'm glad that the roads seem to be empty. After a distance Chris slows down. I see more cars around us and I look towards Chris scared.
Don't worry their the pack. Their making sure we're okay. My wolf says reassuring me.
"Rey are you ok-" a loud explosion goes off and I look at my side mirror to see the red car that was flanking us in the rear go up in flames.
"Fuck!" Christopher says as he once again speeds off. This time only one suburban and one small black car follows us.
I look behind us to see the other suburban blocking the road and the men getting out the suburban.
Christopher dials someone on his phone checking his review mirror.
"Mike, where are you?" ...."Okay I'm on-" intrupted. "Okay yeah I see you know." "Alrigrht stay tight on my side." And with that he hangs up. Three seconds later a black truck comes next to us.
"How did Mike get a truck?" I ask Christopher, remembering leaving mike with no truck or anything.
"From the side garage. I have trucks, and cars in there. And I'm sure glad he brought the truck." Christopher says as he nods at Mike.
Hey you need to slow your heart beat down, its not good for the babies. My wolf says out of nowhere. I put my hand on my chest and I feel my heart beating fast and hard. The babies seem to be turning and I feel a nudge on my side.
"Rey, what's wrong?" Chris asks.
"The babies are moving to much." I tell him as I take deep breaths.
"Dont worry baby your safe. I'm not going to let anything happen to you." He says as looks at me quickly concerned and then back at the road.
He's only saying that cause dad threatened him. My wolf says cockily.
What?
Your dad threatened him with a war if he didn't get you out of this mess safely.
War?
Come on! She says exhaustedly. Your dad is king of Vampires. He's serious shit.
I frown not truly understanding her. She so annoying I want her to go away. What she's saying is confusing me and not at all helping me calm down.
"She's not lying." Christopher says not keeping his eyes of the road. "Your dad is powerful, and he did threaten us. He's king of his world. And that means your world to Rey."
Ohhh you might have two mates! My wolf butts in.
"Thats not possible." I say out loud.
"Well its not far fetched. Vampires do have mates. But your more wolf or so it seems." Christopher says silently.
Christopher pulls into the mall and stops the truck. I don't see Mike around.
"What are we doing?" I ask Christopher as he gets out.
"Dont freak out their helping us" he says, and someone opens my door. I notice that its John and some other women next to him.
"What are we doing?" I ask Chris.
"Shh. Just follow." We walk into the mall and Christopher leads us towards the restrooms. He goes into the family one and I follow. I was expecting the other two people to follow us in though.
"Woah, y'all can wait outside." I tell them as john closes the door.
"Rey we're swapping clothes. We're gonna try to confuse our followers." Chris says as he takes his shirt off. I turn and I instantly regret it seeing that both John and the women are taking their clothes off.
"Her name is Brianna. Not women." Chris says as he hands his clothes to John. I nod and hiding behind Chris I begin to strip.
Brianna hands me her clothes and I quickly hand her mine. Her pants are a little snug bit still fit. But her shirt really doesn't cover the bump.
"Chris I'm having trouble here." I tell him. He looks at me and laughs. "Yeah its funny that I look like a fat cow thanks." I tell him with a glare. He quickly shuts up.
"No babe you look perfect. Here we'll go buy you something quickly. John, Brianna." Chris says turning to face them. "Here are the keys to the truck. Try to catch the followers attention. And we'll call you two when we get to the house safely. Thank you." Chris says as the two leave.
We leave a few minutes after them, heading to the opposite exit of the mall. I stick closer to Christopher's side because of the stupid shirt and the fact that I don't feel safe.
"Bingo!" Chris says as he pulls me into Hottopic. "Okay Rey let's get you something to cover you up." He says as he leads me towards the back. I pick a Pierce the Veil Into the Great Escape hoodie and make sure its baggy on me.
"The irony of that hoodie." Christopher says as we head to the front to pay for the short. After paying for it I put it on and put the hood up as well.
We make it to the exit and I see Mike waiting for us in the truck.

Chris~

"Chris I'm gonna go take a nap I'm tired." Rey says as she stands from sitting on lap. We've been in my office along with twenty others going over what happened this morning.
"I'll go with you." I tell her as I stand.
"No stay, your people need you."
"No, actually we're done here. Everyone go home. Its been a long day." I tell them. They all nod and leave fairly quick.
"Chris you shouldn't have done that. I can go to sleep by myself."
"Yeah but I'm actually tired to." I tell her as we make our way to the room. As we get in I take off mg clothes and crawl into the bed with only my boxers. Rey gets into bed with a shirt of mine. I wrap my arms around her waist and bring her close to me resting my hands over her stomach. She sighs contently and falls asleep.
Before I fall asleep I thank the goddess for making sure we made it out of this crazy morning safe. But little did I know I'd be waking up to find blood on the bed and a scared Rey.....
A/N
Cliffhanger. Not gonna update till last chapter get equally 200 votes.... And thats who i see as Rey's dad!!! (Benjamin Bratts) Love y'all!
-QueenAthena