Chapter Thirty-Nine

Chris~

"So we have how many days till we have to go to your grandparents place?" I ask Rey as I sit staring at her. Its been two weeks since her grandparents left. I sure don't miss them.
"I think next week." She says as she begins to do another odd pose.
"So why are you doing this again?" I ask as she smiles up at me.
"Well I was reading that yoga is good for pregnant mothers. It helps us stay calm, relaxed and it helps us regain our balance."
"Okay so you flipping out on Rick because he ate your last Pop-Tart is calm?" The look on Rick's face? Priceless!
"Well," she says standing up straight and folding that little mat, that let me tell you is very expensive. "I like Pop-Tarts."
"Trust me Rey, babe nobody will ever eat Pop-Tarts in this house again. Their all scared you'll go all crazy on them." She sticks her tongue out at me before entering the bathroom. I get up knowing she's going to take a while in the shower. As I exit the room I'm greeted by Mike in the hallway.
"Hey, so your going to be extremely happy with me." He says with a smile. I shrug and he continues. "We caught a mole today."
I turn to face him not really believing him. "How?" I ask in doubt.
"Well," he says with a smug smile. "Today I was in the training grounds helping out some youngins when from the corner of my eyes I see one of them back out of the room. He was looking around to much and looked a little to nervous. So I left John to take charge and I went off to look for the kid. At first I couldn't see him. But I spotted one of the bushes near by that looked like someone had broken some of the branches. So I went there. I quickly saw foot prints and I followed them. I heard two voices and right before I could see them a female voice said "Someones here." and then there was this loud swoosh and the female was gone. When I jumped out the kid began trying to make a run for it, but I quickly caught him. He's in the under ground chambers right now. I sent Rick to go call the kids parents."
"Way to go Mike. So has he said anything?" I ask making my way downstairs.
"He keeps saying that it isn't his fault. And that he's sorry." Mike says with a shrug.
"Okay, good. Hey, can you get someone to fill Rey in? I don't want her to get mad at me anymore. You know what they say Happy wife, Happy life! She's showering now so when she comes out if you can please take care of that?"
"Of course." He says heading off a different direction.
I make my way down to the chambers when my dad comes out of nowhere.
"I heard a mole was caught." He says standing next to me.
"Yeah, Mike caught the guy this morning. How did you find out?"
"I was the Alpha once upon a time. So the guards still keep me in touch. After all they've been at my side way before yours."
"True. I'm actually heading down to talk to the guy. From what Mike told me the mole is a new shifting pup. Doesn't surprise me. It was probably easier for Roberto to get a young mole then an older mole. The kids parents were called down. Actually I think I'll go see the parents first. See if they know anything. Maybe they know how this came to be. Want to join me?"
"Sure. What about Rey? You going to let her know what's going on?"
"Of course. She'll go down to the chambers with me. I'm gonna make sure to keep her happy."
"That's good son. Your beginning to learn how to make women happy." He says with a smile as he pats my back.

Rey~

"Rey?" Mike asks as he knocks on my door. I quickly finish dressing by slipping my shirt on and open the door.
"Yes?"
"Chris wanted me to let you know that we, as in I, caught a mole. And he's waiting for you to finish up so that you two can go down to talk the guy."
That honestly surprised me. I was expecting Chris to continue to hide things from me but instead he shared this information with me.
"Okay. Thanks Mike. Where we heading to?" I ask as I follow him out the room.
"Chambers. Or the office. I think Chris is done talking to the kids parents." He stops talking and walking. I stop next to him and see his eyes are glazed over.
He's communicating with Chris. Checking where he's at. Seems like our lover boy is heading in our direction. 3...2...1
Right on que Chris turns the corner and comes to us.
"You ready?" He asks me.
"Yes. And thank you for letting me in on what's going on. I really appreciate that your being open with me Christopher." I say as I give him a quick kiss.
"Your welcome. Now come on let's go ask some questions." He grabs my hand and leads me towards the underground chambers.
As we enter the cell area I'm surprised to see a young kid sitting in a chair. He looks about fifteen. You can see he's been crying. His eyes are blood shot red and his nose seems red as well. His breathing is ragged as if he's run a marathon. When he sees Chris coming he sits up a bit straighter. And when he sees me he looks down to his hands that are in his lap.
Chris doesn't say anything but keeps a deadly glare on the kid. The kid begins to fidget with his fingers avoiding eye contact with both of us. The silence seems to never be ending and Christopher doesn't seem in any hurry to start conversation any time soon.
"Hi, what's your name?" I ask the kid. At first nothing happens. Its as if I didn't say anything but a few minutes later the kid looks up at me.
"Jason, Luna Rey." He says softly. He looks back down to his hands.
"Well Jason, do you mind if I ask you a few questions?"
"No. But I do want to say I'm sorry." He says with a shaky breath.
"I know. And I don't blame you. I just want to understand why you did it." I ask as I sit in one of the empty chairs in front of the kid. He shrugs before answering.
"I can't say."
"And why's that?"
"Because nobody would understand." He says as his voice begins to crack. "If my parents couldn't understand then I highly doubt you or anyone else will."
"You'll never know that, unless you tell me your reason. Try me. I'm very understanding." I say with a smile. He seems to hesitate before he answers.
"Well I was trying to make my mate happy."
"Who's your mate Jason?" Chris asks.
Jason looks up at Chris, I can see his Adam apple move up and down slowly.
"She's a vampire. Her name is Molly. I met her one day when a group of us went out to a party. At first I knew she wasn't our kind. I wasn't sure what she was until she bit me. She felt the connection to and wasn't sure what to do. She assumed I was a trick. That I was just messing with her head. But she quickly figured out what I was when she tasted my blood."
"How did you get to meet Roberto?" Christopher asks.
"Molly introduced me to him. I met him after five dates. That's what you do you know, you meet your mates parents after five dates."
"Wait her dad?" I ask. I'm not sure I'm understanding.
"Yeah her dad. He's some big time vampire ruler guy. He seemed to be nice at first. But Molly doesn't like him that much because he's always mopping around for his lost daughter. I didn't know who she was. Well until he told me it was you. At first he asked me to keep tabs on you. But I told him no. I couldn't do that. And that made Molly happy, she doesn't really like you even though she's never met you."
"So how did Roberto convince you to become a mole?" I ask.
"He threatened to keep Molly away from me. He even threatened to kill me. He said if I didn't do as he said he'd take Molly away. He'd make my life a living hell before he killed me. And that made Molly sad. She wanted to run away with me but then her dad found out and now he has her fully guarded at all times." He says sadly. "So I had to do it. I didn't want to, but I did. I wanted to keep her happy."
"Well, I guess I can understand that." I say and he smiles gently at me.
"I can't and won't. Tell me the truth. Why did you really help him Jason?" Chris asks as he slams his hand on the table.
"I'm telling you the truth. I was scared! My life is in danger!" Jason says with a shaky voice.
"You keep saying that but I don't believe it. Why don't I believe you, Jason?" Chris asks him. Jason looks around nervously. Not sure on what to sat, he begins to cry again.
"That's all I can say! If I say more she'll kill me! Please just let me go, I don't deserve to be killed. Please!" Jason pleads as he looks at me with big red eyes.
"Who is she Jason?" I ask.
"I can't say, I have to get out if here. She's already coming for me. I can't do this! I'll kill myself before she can get to me. You have to let go!" Jason screams as he stands up from his chair pushing it back so hard it slams into the wall and breaks. I see guards come closer to him and he tries to make a run for the door when they catch him.
Chris quickly takes me out of the cell and we watch as the boy begins to be shackled again.
"What is he talking about Chris?" I ask.
"I don't know babe," he says as he holds my hand tightly. "but from what he said, it seems like you don't only have your dad to worry about. There's someone else out there that is looking for you."
Chris leads me out of the chambers and as we walk farther and farther away we could still hear the kid begging to be let go...

*****A/N
Hey I'm sorry it took me a while to write I have been very busy. But I'm back and I just want to say a huge thank you to @nunushka for the covers!!!
Please vote, comment, and share!!!!