Chapter 10: Secrets

Song: real friends by Camila Cabello

Happy reading <3

_________________

In my defense, I was already shaken up from my conversation with Kaylo. So when I came back in the room and saw a man already standing there, I had to scream.

But turns out, it was just James, the Butler.

But Kaylo had already heard my scream and came running.

"WHAT?WHAT HAPPENED?"

"Nothing. I just, he scared me."

He looks at me, then at the butler, then back at me.

And rolls his eyes.

"I apologize for the disturbance. But I have urgent news. Master Tiago is on his way. The meeting is to begin at his arrival. He also mentioned bringing more guests with him."

He emphasizes the word 'guests' heavily. And as he says it, Kaylo's eyes widen in alarm.

"Shit" he simply says.

He then turns to me

"I'm sorry Tanya, but you need to leave. James will take you to my personal driver. Just give him your address and he'll drive you home."

I open my mouth to ask him what was going on, but he was already walking out the room.

"If you'd follow me, miss" his butler says to me.

"Hold up, I'm not going home in a strange car."

Kaylo turns back to me. "It's my personal car. I guarantee you'll be safe."

"The hell is going on, anyways?"

"you have to leave before my brother gets back. Or else we'll both have hell to pay for."

"Fine, but I'm getting an explanation later."

The butler walks me back down the stairs, towards the front doors

I keep looking around, for any clues about what was going on. He said meeting, but I didn't see or hear anything on my way out. In fact, it was quieter then when I came.

The butler walks me back to the giant haunting gates, all in silence. There was a white car at the front, already waiting.

A man was already sitting inside the driver seat.

The butler, James, walks over to him and talks to him through the open window. He asks me for my address then tells the driver to come back quickly.

I walk in the back seat hesitantly. I could literally be getting kidnapped right now. But then again, if they wanted to kidnap me, they could've done that already.

As I sat there, I looked out the window. The butler stood there as we drove away.

I sat there and I let my mind comprehend everything.

I came here thinking I was tricking Kaylo into trusting me. But the whole thing was just his plan to intimidate me enough that I'd be too scared to try anything.

Now he thinks I'd be too terrified to do anything to sabotage him. But it'll take more than waving around a gun to scare me off.

I knew exactly what I was getting myself into.

Nonetheless, I was definitely making progress, whether he knew it or not.

Since my father will obviously go investigating on why I was late from school, I call Lindsay and tell her that if anyone asks, I was with her the entire time.