Chapter 7: maniac manipulation

song: Maniac by Conan Gray (and that girl from the end of the fucking world, I love her)

Also Tanya's school outfit thoooooo.
Talk about good girl gone bad.

THIS IS A LOOONGGGG chapter
________________________________

"Miss Tanya, are you awake yet" Mary calls out as she opens the door to my room.

And I'm sitting on my bed, fully dressed ready to go.

she looks taken aback "oh, good morning. breakfast's ready"

"Morning"

she turns to leave but stops for a second "aren't you supposed to be in uniform already?"

"It's a free day, and they don't really care"

I turn to look at myself in the mirror.

I was wearing a tight black crop top, with camo pants. I put on white sneakers and straightened my hair. I knew the second I'd arrive at school like this, everyone will freak out.

Hell, I was freaking out.

I looked like a bad bitch, which was what I was going for. you know, if I wanted to seduce a criminal.

It was such a change from my softie tendencies. But I kinda liked it. It'll give me the confidence I need to get through the day.

I was a little worried though. The bruises had already started fading away, but someone might see them under the crop top.

I decided to cover than up with foundation, and take a chance.

When I was ready, I walked downstairs to find my mom having breakfast. I sit down too, my plate overflowing.

I basically inhale the whole plate

"someone's hungry today," my father says coming down the stairs

well shit, he hasn't left yet.

"Why aren't you in uniform?" he asks me.

"It's a free day today"

"I'll be calling and making sure"

Of course. I'm too unreliable to believe.

"Is Winston here already? I'll be late" I blurp out quickly.

"It's Winston's day off today. Father will be driving you," my mother says.

I get up all of a sudden.

he already picked up his keys and opened the front door. he spares me one glance. "come on Tanya"

I get in his car reluctantly as he turns it on.

"your bag looks practically empty " he starts, looking at me through the rearview mirror

"yes" I answer plainly, looking out the window, watching the cars go by

"It wouldn't look like that if you actually did your work"

"no"

"no what? Is it such a challenge to speak full sentences." he pushes on irritatingly. couldn't he stop talking? his voice was so harsh, aggressive. the kind that would give you a headache instantly.

I didn't need this in the morning.

"no, it would"

"Oh really. if that's the case then tell me, what did you do in history last Friday"

shutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutup.

shut up.

"I don't remember"