Chapter 3: preschool party

song: Tongue Tied by Grouplove

**disclaimer**
some verbal and physical abuse in his chapter.

happy reading < 3

*******************************************

"Leo just texted me. he said to park the car away from his house, in case his parents come back" I tell Lindsay.

" Fucking preschool party. don't we have something better to do on a Friday night?"she mutters. annoyed. Lord knows she only tolerates Leo for me. We've had a lot of fights about it.

"He's so childish. Why do you even like him" she'd say, starting the argument.

"I just do. End of discussion. I mean, you like Aidan and he's an asshole. But we tolerate him for you" I would tell her, getting pissed. I almost never get angry. So when I do, she knows it's final.

She ends up parking the car a few blocks down. we spend a few minutes getting ready in the car. Lindsay unbraids her hair keeping it open in waves. Ally ties her uniform shirt into a knot, turning it into a crop top. I reapply my makeup, a little heavier this time. and we step out and walk towards Leo's house, where we can hear music being blasted.

We knock a couple of times before Kaylo answers the door.

"Welcome, Ladies. Leo's already tipsy" he greets us.

"When is he not ?" we step into the house.

"THERE YOU GUYS ARE, WHAT TOOK SO LONG," Leo asks, getting up from his couch as we step into the living room."

"Hey babe" Aidan calls out to Lindsay, wrapping his arms around her.

"Let's GET THIS PARTY STARTED" ALLY YELLs

And the next three hours pass by in a happy blur of loud music, junk food, and laughter.

They pass in little moments. Like when Leo dances with Aidan. Or when Kaylo slides down the stairs by the arm rest. Or when Ally prank calls 7 different fast food places. Or when Lindsay carries me on her shoulder and almost breaks my neck.

and even though no one brought any alcohol, we all felt drunk on euphoria.

Except for Leo. He was actually drunk.

on days like these, I can easily close my eyes and vow to stay this way forever. I can easily imagine the rest of highschool going by in a blur of happiness this way. surrounded by friends.

  but then I always have to go back home. No matter how long I spend my night this way, it always ends with me back home, crying myself to sleep.

and I can't take it anymore. I can't keep living this double life, just to have reality slap me in the face. I made a decision and I'm not backing out now. I owe it to myself.

I suddenly feel so alone. I look around the room.

Kaylo is sitting on the couch across from me on his phone, and I focus on the sunlight from the window falling on his green eyes, making it  look glowing. and I wonder about him.  he's always been with us, part of our group. but he never participates much, he's always just a quiet presence.

Lindsay was done making out with Aidan and was now singing a karaoke duo with Ally, Leo was probably passed out somewhere, and Aidan's nowhere to be seen.

I slowly slip out of the living room and make my way to where I remembered the kitchen to be. where I find Aidan leaning against the counter, sipping soda. he smiles at me when I approach him. "hey".

"what are you doing here?" I ask him

"Just taking a breather. you?" he shrugs.

"same, might as well join you right? " I try to heave myself on the counter, but fail miserably. Damn these weak arms.