Chapter 6: Plan Blackmail

Song: Eastside by Benny blanco, Halsey and Khalid

( I'm running out of songs, I need more recommendations)

Happy reading loves < 3
________________________________

I remember once when I was 12, I was having dinner with my family when my father confronted me about sneaking into his office the other night.

He hit me so hard that day, I fell off my chair.

my ears wouldn't stop ringing. Even worse, he made me sit there and finish my plate afterward, even though I couldn't swallow anything from how hard I was sobbing.

I remember my mother watching the whole thing. Just silently observing. flinching when he hit me, but never saying a word. she saw me looking at her, begging her with my eyes to help me. to intervene. to do anything.

she saw me.

and she looked away.

she just looked away and went back to her glass of cocktail .

I remember how vividly I despised her at that moment. It was like my whole body was dipped in pure loathing . I remember my disgust with her. I remember the burning betrayal. I remember repeating "why" over and over again in my head, while I choked on my salad.

I remembered everything.

It was exactly how I was feeling now.

It was Sunday. I was back in my room, ignoring all my texts from my friends inviting me to go out with them.

When my father asked me why I went out yesterday when he specifically told me I couldn't go out, I gave him the excuse that I went back to get my phone.

Obviously I left out the part about my little trip to the club afterwards.

I didn't specifically remember the drive back from the club yesterday. It was just a blur of anger and tears, with only one thought in mind.

I had bumped into Kaylo's brother on the way out of the club. I had never seen him before, but the second I did, I recognized his eyes. They were the same as Kaylo's.

His brother was so tall and lean. He was in all black and yet, for some reason, you couldn't miss him.

He looked like he was in his early 20s, extremely handsome. It was hard to imagine someone as young as him, a gang leader.

He was on his way to room at the back of the club, where I had just been. Where Kaylo was?

I wonder if Kaylo told him what I came for?

Kaylo.

Kaylo was the definition of asshole.

I hated him. despised him. loathed him. Who did he think he was? Why did he treat me like that?

And why was HE so different? I didn't know what to expect from him, but it definitely wasn't that. I barely recognized him.

He was so scary. so intense.

Even when I slapped him, I half expected him to hit me back.

He could've.

But he didn't.

And I didn't understand why.

But now I had a major problem. What was I gonna do now?

I've never thought that he'd refuse. I always thought it was just gonna be a matter of payment.

I could always try to do it on my own, or hire someone else.

But now Kaylo knew, and he could easily expose me if I follow through with my plan. or even worse, he could go warn my dad BEFORE I follow through with my plan.