Chapter 5: Staple your tongue

song: Bury a friend by Billie Eilish

( Above is my illustration of Kaylo. But you could imagine him any way you like)

THERE IT IS. THE KAYLO POV. AS PROMISED.

Happy reading < 3
-———————————————————————-
Kaylo POV:

"Kaylo, get your ass back in here" Lexen yells from the doorway

I'd been taking a break from the Saturday hassle of the club, in the back lounge. I must've fallen asleep at some point. I stretched my arms up.

"Go to hell " I yawned

"Seriously kai, there's someone outside asking for you"

I sit up, alarmed "didn't I tell you no one should know I'm here."

" I didn't, I swear. She already knew"

"she?"

"Just go out here" he sighs walking away.

Did Angelina somehow find out I go here? Good god, The girl's been calling me nonstop these days, I honestly wouldn't put it past her. I'd hate to admit, but Lindsay was right. She was exhausting.

I'll probably just tell her to fuck off since I was working, not that she would take a hint.

I get up and run my fingers through my hair, making a half heart attempt to tame it.

I make my way back, The music getting louder as I get closer. I walk through the door leading to the bar, blinking away the neon lights. I scan the people standing in the vicinity. then I stop.

I see Tanya sitting on the counter, a few feet away.

I catch Lexen's eye and give him a questioning look. he shrugs and goes back to wiping wine glasses. Asshole.

"Tanya?" I ask when I reach her.

she looks up, her eyes wide. She had a weird look to her, like she was anxious about something . Her brown bangs looked wild.

Like............sex hair. Wait what? Get your head out of the gutter Kaylo.

"Kaylo. We need to talk"

"Yeah?"

she looks around for a minute, before leaning in. I get a weird thought that she's gonna kiss me, but she stops halfway. " I've heard about the little secret business you run here."

"Well, it's not exactly a secret. my brother runs the club though. not me," I explain calmly.

But I was not feeling calm in the least. Fuck fuck fuck. She knows.

I knew we shouldn't have sold those drugs to the kids that came by last week. It was too risky and Tiago knew that. They probably went and told the whole school by now.

But wait, I can't really see Tany being a crackhead searching for cocaine here.

she shakes her head "No, I mean the real business. "

"Huh"  I let out a nervous laugh that turns into a cough.

I'm royally screwed.

"stop with the games, Kaylo. I've heard about what you do around here. You get things done. Bad things. right?"

Crap. Bad things? As in plural? This wasn't just a drugs situation? Does she know about the mafia?

Hayes. This is fucking Hayes again. Her father's a lawyer. He probably put her up to this. How much time do we have till the police gets here? I have to tell Tiago. I have to warn the others. Maybe we'll be able to get out of here before-