스물넷

i'll run to you right now.

it was finally d-day.

with the ceo absent, zimi felt even more nervous.

'this is because of hyunjae.. spreading to the school about my song─ well at least, that made me work at cre.ker now..' she thought to herself.

she felt like she was making her debut or smth, but naahh its just a school performance.

she was still sad at the fact that chanhee just left, without saying goodbye personally. but she gladly accepted fate, if that's what you call it.

but what she didn't know is that fate still has something in store for her.

°

"zimi, you're being talked about right now! i think you'll be a popular kid now, like us!" hyunjae exclaimed, lowkey bragging about being popular in the first place.

the mentioned girl just scoffed.

"popular, my ass." she hissed. jaehyun then laughed at her.

zimi was now getting ready for the performance. she thanked the teachers that gave her extra curricular points at her grades for doing this performance, even though she didn't really made the decision to do this.

all of them were in the backstage while mrs. park was forcing zimi to wear make-up.

"come on! i haven't seen you wearing one.. sure, you already look beautiful─ but just do this for a change!" the teacher tried convincing the girl.

zimi sighed and gave in, nodding.

juyeon then gasped. "what if she'll look like annabelle in the end?!"

"then changmin would date her." hyunjae randomly said.

"who's changmin" younghoon squinted his eyes.

speaking of younghoon, he was having mixed feelings.

he was proud, sad, frustrated.. he just don't know what to feel at his situation anymore.

today was his flight to new york.

he still kept it from zimi. if he'll tell her right now, she might freak out and what if her performance will go wrong because of it?

even though he kissed her already, he felt that it wasn't enough to show her he loves her very much.

younghoon gave zimi reassuring words and smiles to cheer her up so she won't be nervous. but on the inside, he felt like dying. he thought that he'd rather die than to be away from zimi and the rest of the bermuda line. but he knew that if he'd die, he would obviously never see them again.

"you're going up in 10 minutes." the very nervous girl jumped up and down, thinking it would ease the tension inside her body.

"it's going to be fine." her three friends assured.

"wh-what if jiyoon comes and ruin my performance?!"

"i wrote an article about what she did to you and she didn't dare to go to school for days now.." hyunjae said.

"wow.. didn't know there's an advantage in your article writing work.." younghoon joked. the girl then laughed.